Ladybug

Monday, August 17, 2015

Monday, fun day?

Happy Monday! I can't tell you the last time I had a weekend with absolutely nothing on the calendar. It was delightful!!

Friday night, BFF & I got pedicures after work then went to our respective homes for dinner. I was proud of myself for not picking something up, but then ended up eating Ore Ida french fries for dinner. Not cool! But the good news is that they are all gone. So...

Saturday I got up and went to Jazzercise. We did one routine at the end during the strength portion that has all but killed me. You start by laying on the ground and then pick your booty off the floor so you are on your feet and shoulders. And we pretty much stay like that through the whole song. Sometimes you just pulse up and down. Other times you walk your feet. Other times you bring your knee up to your chest. But never do you lower your booty to the floor. Sheesh! I can still feel it!!

After church on Sunday, BFF and I came back to my apartment and I cooked. You can actually read all about it here. I started another blog that focuses on food. My biggest reason in starting it was to review restaurants about their gluten free-ness. Since I'm the social planner and pick most of the restaurants, I always like to make sure BFF (who is gluten free) has options. One of the best resources is blogs, so I'm contributing to the cause. It will also have some recipes and other food related commentary.

Sunday I did chores and sat around catching up on TV. It was amazing! I don't have lazy weekends like this very often, so I took every advantage.

This morning I got up at 5am and got over to CrossFit. It is getting a tad easier now that I'm going a little more consistently. The strength portion of workout was 5 rounds of 5 reps (5x5) overhead squats. To me this is a really hard move because everything is so much heavier when you put it over your head! I got up to 75# this morning which is good for me (at my fittest a few years ago, I got up to 105#). I might have been able to go a little heavier, but since I tweaked my back a little the last time we did squats, I tried to be careful.

This is an example of what it looks like. 



The conditioning WOD was Helen. 3 rounds: 400m run, 21 kettlebell swings & 12 pull ups. I swear that running never gets easier for me. Ugh. I used a 25# kettlebell instead of the prescribed 35#, again, just to be careful with my back. All seems well, so I think I can push it more next time.

I still use two bands to assist my pull ups, but I have graduated to one big one along with the smallest one. My goal is to drop the second one soon. Baby steps. My coach was helping me with my form today. I could feel the difference so I'm hoping I can build on that.

The scale seems to be stuck. I took measurements and frustratingly, those don't seem to be much different either. However, I'm wearing (comfortably) a pair of pants that I haven't worn comfortably in quite a while. So either, I wasn't measuring myself fairly or I'm just crazy. Could be either, who knows.

Bottom line: I feel great! Honestly, that is the most important part, truly. But it doesn't mean I don't want to lose weight, if for no other reason than I still have some to lose if I'm going to go hang gliding in Rio. But I KNOW I'm doing the right things because I can feel my body responding in good ways. I just have to keep myself encouraged.

Hugs!

5 comments:

Lori said...

You look great too!
Lori

Bonnie said...

Your workout is motivating!

Tracey@bariatricfoodforlife.com said...

Forget the scale and tape measure. You look so happy! Rock on honey.
Tracey

MandaPanda said...

Such a healthy outlook and I don't mean just the diet and exercise. You can FEEL the changes in your body and you know that you're doing all the right things so while the scale may frustrate you, it doesn't derail you (I still struggle with this). :)

Pamela E. Williams said...

Well you look great so whatever you are doing even though the scale and tape measure aren't moving you look fabulous!