Ladybug

Monday, January 7, 2019

Just keep going...

Today is Day #7 on Noom. I'm not 100% sure yet what it is giving me except accountability. As someone who has been fighting my weight since I was 8 years old, it hasn't taught me anything I didn't already know. But there is something about having to check in with someone that does make a difference. I mean, I could lie, but why?

Let's check in on my progress:

  1. No drinking during the week. I'm actually trying not to drink at all, but I'm afraid if I get too strict I won't stay with it, so a hard stop during the week days. This one was killer yesterday. I did okay during the week, but usually on Sundays I have a glass (or bottle) of wine in the evening after chores. It took everything in me to not have a glass.
  2. No sugary snacks. Honestly, this one isn't that hard for me. When I'm eating a bunch of sweets, I know I'm off the rails. I'm more of a savory snacker. I had a few over the weekend, but nothing really bad. One Godiva chocolate. One homemade caramel. I think that is it really. No shame here.
  3. No Starbucks during the week. I only drink plain lattes so they aren't too bad to have on the weekend. I had my latte yesterday and it was blissful. I'm going to try and do this one for another week, but I don't think it will last long.
  4. Work out at least 4x per week. 2 Orange Theory & 2 Jazzercise is the plan right now. I really want to try yoga again, but it isn't working out at the moment.  2 Jazzercise, 2 Orange Theory. Right on track this week.
  5. Small portions, small portions, small portions. This is really the big one. I don't need a lot to fill me up, but the fat girl in me just keeps eating. If I can conquer this one, I will be golden.  I would say that I did fair on this. Most meals I did well, but there were a couple that I knew I should have stopped earlier. They were healthy meals, that wasn't the issue. I just ate too much. I need to start preparing less. The old "clear my plate" problem, I think.
Overall, not too bad. I started Noom on New Year's Day, so Tuesday will be my weekly weigh in day. In my younger days, this much attention to diet and exercise would have lost me at least 5 pounds. But I'm both older and honestly, smaller. I just want the needle to move in the right direction.

One thing that is different from me today is that I don't focus as much on what the scale says. My goal is to fit into the clothes that I wore last year. Ultimately, I know that means losing weight, but the number itself doesn't matter as much as it used to.

My biggest success of the week was that I kept going. I was sick on Friday, so much so that I went to the doctor. I had a bad sinus infection and am on antibiotics. All I wanted to do Friday was drive by McDonald's or get some tacos, but instead, I ordered groceries from Kroger and picked them up on the way home from the doctor. I admit that I had some boxed macaroni and cheese with my rotisserie chicken, but I'm okay with that. I stuck with healthy eating the rest of the weekend and didn't sabotage myself.

I pick up the keys to my new apartment on Friday, then I move the next Friday. Moving stress could easily make me turn toward food for comfort. My goal this week is to not let that happen. Also, I'm going to continue to focus on the 5 goals above. If I can do those things, I will be successful!

Hugs!

No comments: