Ladybug

Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Success!

I'm proud to say that I have had one of my best "first" weeks ever. I lost a total of 4 pounds in 2019. I ditched Noom and instead partnered with a longtime blogger friend to hold me accountable. It is the perfect balance for me because:

  • We know each other personally so it doesn't feel like a robot on the other end.
  • We aren't super close, so we won't enable each other.
  • We are there for each other as needed, so no extra work on either end. 
Perfect!

Last night was my monthly Girls Dinner. We went to a TexMex place which is usually a recipe for disaster. Wine or margaritas, chips, queso, sour cream, cheese...all my favorites. But I made a plan early in the day and told AP (accountability partner...I'm so original) so I was committed. I had a Diet Coke which is a rarity. I ordered the ceviche with a side of guacamole. There were 6 big chips with the ceviche so I ate those. I didn't even finish everything and I was completely satisfied. After logging everything, I was right within my target for the day.

It was all worth it this morning when I stepped on the scale. Even more so when my jeans seemed to fit a little less snugly than last week. Honestly, I'm not typically this committed. I usually do really well during the week, but slip a lot on the weekends. I slipped a little this time, but not terribly. I haven't had an alcoholic beverage and only one latte. It is truly a miracle.

Another benefit of not drinking last night is that BFF and I didn't want to just go straight home. So we went to Best Buy to pick out her new TV and to Home Depot for me to look at paint. We are moving to new apartments next week and there is just so much to do!

My parents are coming right after the move to help me get the place in order. They are excellent at that type of thing. Mom will help me figure out how to decorate and dad will help me hang things. I know it will be harder to eat well and I will probably not work out much while they are here. But I'm taking one day at a time for now. Today I will follow all my rules and end the day with Orange Theory. Then tomorrow will be another day.

Hugs!

No comments: