Ladybug

Monday, October 20, 2014

The Lost Month

It hasn't been a full month, but the last few weeks have been CRAZY! When last I left you on 9/26, I was moving down-tooooown. (Did you just sing that, like I did? No? Never mind.) The weekend of the move was crazy busy and hectic in every way, as you can imagine.

Now, three weeks in to living there, I can say without any reservation, that I LOVE it! BFF does too. We have fallen into a little bit of a routine. Mondays we Jazzercise after work. Tuesdays we do something, for instance tomorrow we are going to the Stars game. Wednesdays vary, but mostly Jazzercise. Thursdays Jazzercise.

Fridays we go out. Two weeks ago it was Rocky Horror Show, this week it was Pitbull/Enrique Iglesias. Then on Saturday, it is errands day, that mostly starts with Jazzercise. We go, go, go all day running errands and whatnot until it is time for 5pm Mass. Then after Mass, we have dinner and finish errands, if necessary.

Then it is Sunday Funday. Mine starts with a 2 block walk to my new breakfast place. I take my paper and read it while I drink coffee, eat breakfast and watch the tourists get over their hangovers. It is positively delightful! Then I go home and do laundry and chores while I wait for football to start. Then I watch football and do other little things when I need a break.

Other than the fact that I'm having a terrible time sleeping, I would say that it is perfect. Last night I only slept 4 hours and 31 minutes. Sigh. Sundays are awful. Other nights I get about 6 hours. It's fine. I think if I lost 10 pounds I would sleep better.

Speaking of! I haven't gained ANYTHING since moving. It is amazing because I have pretty much ate and drank whatever I wanted. But with my current fill level and the fact that I walk SO MUCH more living downtown, I have stayed steady. Hence, the reason I'm back. I need to focus. Again, just 10 pounds or so and I would sleep SOOO much better.

If I have maintained with no focus, my hope is that I can get back to losing with a little attention on it. I mentioned the walking. I park in a parking garage, so I have to walk up to my apartment. I thought I might start taking the stairs, but that hasn't really worked out. Regardless, until this week I was getting over 60,000 steps per week instead of 50,000. This week I only worked out 3x instead of 4 or 5, so that made a big difference.

This week, my plan is to eat right. I'm not really logging, but no drinking and no sugary sweets during the week. I slipped a little on that last week. For fitness, I'm Jazzercising M, Th, & S for sure. I can't work out tomorrow, but Wednesday, I will work out at lunch.

Thursday I'm taking the first part of my multiple part insurance test. I think there are 9 or 10 of them. I really hope I pass. I should go study. :)

Bottom line is that I'm super happy!

Hugs!

1 comment:

Just Me! said...

Congrats on not gaining while moving! That is awesome!