Ladybug

Friday, September 26, 2014

Let's get this move over with already.

Hi all! This is a week that I'm just trying to get through. I feel like I have been moving forever, but I guess that is what happens when your house falls through and you have to make alternate plans. I move to my new apartment in downtown Dallas on Sunday. I go pick up the keys at lunch today. Once I get all my stuff in the new place, I can start figuring out what won't fit and will need to go to storage.

I discovered last night that the cedar chest I was expecting to use as my coffee table has a giant spot on the side where the paint has come off. Sigh. I'm not sure what I'm going to do about that. I'm sure I will figure out something.

Tonight we are going to go see Tom Petty. The funny thing is that our new apartments are less than a half mile away from the venue, but we still have to drive 30 minutes back to our current homes tonight. Tomorrow is a busy day: Jazzercise, Lunch and errands with Debi (who many of you know!), another trip down to the new apartments, and probably some more packing.

Luckily, my housekeeper (who I'm losing because downtown is too far a way, booooo) took away most of my g00dwill stuff. I have a few things like my disgusting grill and an old full size bedframe that I will leave down by the dumpster. They aren't worth it to me to store them.

My brain is all over the place. I don't actually dread the work part of the moving, it is the waiting that I hate. I just want to start doing it so I can be done.

Two more sleeps.

Hugs!

No comments: