Yet I have always approached weight loss that way. It's all or nothing. It is perfection or giving up. It's strange. Why would would I approach what comes the most difficult to me in this way?
I have tried diet after diet, but I would always sabotage myself. (Richard had a great post about this today.) People are just different. Some people don't have to work that hard at being thin. Some people don't have to work that hard to get themselves to eat healthy. Some people don't have to work that hard to be kind to others. Some people don't have to work that hard to learn. Everyone is different.
Through the years, although I was a positive person, I was never really happy...or at peace. I totally lived my life for when I was 50 pounds lighter (or some other random weight). I had totally conflated being happy with being thin. Who knows what I missed out on because of my insecurity. But in 2009, I had had enough. I was 35 and in a downward spiral. I had to change and I did. But interestingly, even though I did change on the outside...
|Original - Lowest Weight - Current|
- I hardly ever eat fast food when I used to have it multiple times a week.
- I cook clean and low carb. (I hardly ever have pasta which used to be my "go to".)
- I work out A LOT. (I didn't work out regularly until I was almost 30 and I started running at 35! At 40 I'm in WAY better shape than I was at 25.)
- I used to drink about 10 diet cokes a day and now I might have one about once or twice a week.
- Since moving downtown, I choose to walk. I often take the stairs. I walked to church on Saturday when I could have easily driven the roughly 2 mile round trip.
Breakfast - Leftover Breakfast Meatloaf, boiled egg, coffee
Lunch - Leftover Home Chef Honey Chicken Thighs, sweet potato wedges and cucumber salad
Snack - I'm hoping to not need one but if I do, I have an apple.
Dinner - GRILLED CHEESE (?!?!)
Tonight is my girls dinner and BFF has chosen a grilled cheese restaurant. I'm going to enjoy the heck out of it!
Yoga felt great last night. I did every single move for the first time! Some weren't held long or done perfectly, but I was at least able to give every thing a shot. Progress!
I went to run at lunch today and I had forgotten my sports bra. There are many things I can work around, but that is just not one of them. So I went for a walk instead. I didn't get my heart rate up the same way, but I still burned way more calories than sitting still.
Today's Gwynnie shirt. I wore this out on Saturday and I really like it!
I will leave you with:
|This is from the Mavs halftime performance last month.|