Ladybug

Monday, January 11, 2016

Happy New Year! - Take Two...

Good morning! Last week this time I was outlining my goals for the first part of the year. I started of the week strong and BAM...landed right into a killer sinus infection. Tuesday-Thursday is a bit a of a blur. But I'm almost back to par and I'm ready to be productive.

In the past, I have chosen a word to represent how I want to live that year. In the past, it has been peace, live, focus and other things. This year, my word is ADAPTABLE. I love a routine, but this year is going to have a lot of interruptions and changes and I'm not going to be able to control some of it. Mostly, I like my day to day to be very routine.


That is totally me. Anyway, my point is that I need to be adaptable. It isn't flashy or exciting, but it is the right attitude to help me achieve my goals.

Being sick isn't all bad, I guess. I did get some much needed rest. I got a new bed over the holidays and it is adjustable. Sleeping with my head up was great for being sick as well as for my acid reflux. I love it! Also, I ate pretty decent for being sick. Usually I use it as an excuse for comfort food and while not every choice was stellar, I did stay decently hydrated and still lost a pound. I will take it.



As for NeighborGate 2016, I put it on hold. I don't feel like dealing with it right at the moment, but I do have some recon going on. I have some connections to the management company so I can get some info about the person to best deal with it when it is time.

Saturday was a little sad. I had to go buy some fat clothes. I have a closet full of beautiful clothes that don't really fit and it was depressing me. Not only did I buy a few key pieces (thank you Cato for having cute but inexpensive things!), I tried on everything in my closet and organized. I may be heavier than my new norm (I have to keep reminding myself that I'm still way smaller than the olden days), but I don't need to constantly feel that way every time I look in the mirror. It was interesting because as soon as I got to Cato, I went to the plus side and picked up a bunch of stuff. I'm thrilled to say that while I did end up with a couple of plus side pants (that truly were probably too big, but my booty is in between sizes), everything else was from the regular side. It is the little things, people...

I'm sure I mentioned previously that I went on a cruise with my family during the holidays. It was great! We went to Belize and Cozumel and had the most awesome time. Since I had gained several pounds really quickly right before the trip, I was more lethargic and puffy than I had been in a long time. I didn't love how I looked or felt, but I did love spending time with my family. Those days that we spent together on this trip and last year's cruise are truly among my favorite times. I have so much love for them, my heart just wants to burst.

Plus, they make me brave. In Belize, one of the tour guides picked up a tarantula off the ground. I don't know what I was thinking, but when he offered it up, I took it!


My face says a lot there. (Chin out, Beth Ann!) On the same excursion, my brother and I ate live termites from under a log! Two things I have never done before. Check and check.

I don't have a ton of pictures from the trip. I guess since I wasn't feeling my best, I didn't take a lot. But I had this one of my beautiful niece and me on the boat in Cozumel.

I will close out this rambling post with my plan for the week. While I wait to hear more regarding my surgery, I want to be productive. I have scheduled my mammogram, dentist appointment and skin scan dermatologist appointment this week. Better to get all of that out of the way. I have my monthly dinner with the girls tomorrow night and dinner with my CrossFit chicas on Wednesday.

That leaves a small window for working out. Today and Thursday (and most likely Saturday), I'm going to Jazzercise. Tomorrow I'm going to workout on the treadmill or elliptical at lunch. My other big goal is to stay hydrated and get 100% rid of this sinus infection.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh, and one last thing. They had another release of Olympic tickets last week. It was kind of a lottery system to get in. BFF was about 1090 in line and I was around 1650. By the time we got in, all of the swimming and cycling were gone, but we were able to get 2 tickets to gymnastics! There are four of us girls going, so hopefully we will be able to get 2 more over time, but you have to take what you can get. By the time I got in, everything else we wanted was gone. We will keep trying though! I can't believe with everyone I know, I haven't found a contact at one of the US Team sponsors that can help me get tickets. :-) Maybe someday!

Hugs!



1 comment:

Lori said...

Wow. It sounds like you have been quite productive while waiting to hear from the insurance company.

You did the right thing by checking with the management about the neighbors. I'm curious as to what they find out for you.

Girl, you held a tarantula! You can do anything!
Lori