I wanted to give a little update for those following my insurance process with interest. After my post yesterday morning, I got impatient and called the doc I was referred to for the pH probe. They said that they had gotten my referral but they no longer do those tests and would be notifying my doctor.
I really wanted to call the doctor right away, but I told myself to be patient. Happily, I was contacted today by a local hospital that will be doing the outpatient procedure. I go in Thursday morning at 6:30am which is really stinking early. BUT...since I'm going to have a tube sticking out of my nose all day, I decided to work from home. So I won't have to get "work ready" or anything.
Apparently, I'm supposed to just have a normal day. I can have a decently normal workday at home, so that's fine. But I'm not 100% sure about working out. My biggest concern is that I'm not able to take ANY reflux meds (PPI or H2) until after the test is complete. Not sure I will be able to workout after 2 days with no medicine. I guess I will wait and see.
I take 80mg of PPI and typically one H2 per day. Thank goodness I bought a bed that allows me to sit up and sleep. But I figure if I can get through the next few days and get the definitive diagnosis, it will be worth it. It should save me at least $15k dollars. That is a lot of freaking money.
I suppose that it might come back negative. I don't want to entertain that thought because if this isn't GERD and the endoscopy ruled out cancer and all of those types of things, I have NO idea what it could be. No use in being concerned about that. I feel confident that my doctor has made the correct diagnosis, I just need it confirmed for the insurance people.
I will check in with you all on Thursday and let you know how the insertion went. I have the extraction at 6:30am Friday morning. And then, blessedly I'm guessing, I will be able to take some medication.
Fortunately, I have a couple of busy days ahead of me, so it should pass quickly. Wish me luck!!