Ladybug

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Fun times!

It has been a really great two days!  Monday night, BFF, Debi and Debi's husband went to see Neil deGrasse Tyson.  First, we went to dinner at Champp's and I had the chicken salad sandwich with no bread with a side of potato chips.  Not super great, but not horrible. 

Then we headed to the show where I had a Crown & Diet Coke.  I still ended up with over an 800 calorie deficit for the day!  Anyway...

For those of you that aren't familiar with Neil deGrasse Tyson, he is an astrophysicist and host of the awesome show Cosmos.  I'm not particularly into science, I'm more of a history girl, but I can listen to this man all day. 


The program was supposed to be 90 minutes but he ended up speaking for 3 hours!  About science! And I paid attention to every word! The topic of the talk focused on bizarre things in the universe.  His overall theme was that the universe has no obligation to make sense to you.  He doesn't talk to you like you are stupid, yet he speaks in a way that a non-science person can understand.  I think that is quite difficult when you are talking about science and space.


Bottom line: if you enjoy learning things, go listen to this guy if you have the opportunity.  You will not regret it.

We didn't get home until midnight so I didn't sleep much, but I did sleep well.  Yesterday, the plan was to go to dinner with some friends after work, but midday we were offered Rangers suite tickets.  YAAAAY!!!  When we got there, we found out that the suite was directly behind home plate!  The only thing that wasn't perfect about the whole experience was that the Rangers aren't playing well right now and got a bit of a shellacking.

I had to eat stadium food for dinner and I drank a beer, so while I was about net equal on calories in and out for the day, I was up a pound on the scale this morning.  My diet bet weigh in is tomorrow or Friday so I hope that pound disappears today!  I'm exactly one pound up from where I need to be to win my first month. 

I have logged my food plan today.  I'm not planning to work out in an organized fashion, but after work I have to go home and do some chores which should give me a little boost.  I feel if I stay strong today, I should hit my target.  If not, surely I will by the next day.  If not, I won't fret, but I have to keep pushing.  I'm not going to lose focus and I will reach my goal of losing 10% of my weight in 6 months!!

Hugs!

No comments: