Ladybug

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Wedneday

My friend and I were talking about this article last night.  I thought it was so interesting because so many people have no idea what the end result of massive weight loss looks like.  On shows like Extreme Weight loss and Biggest Loser, they talk about the excess skin, but they work hard to avoid it showing in an unflattering way.  The girls on BL go from sports bras to T-shirts after a few weeks and I think that is part of the reason.  I totally get it.  I don't want people to see my gross hangy skin either. 

I think most people think that if you just lose weight, everything is fine.  I would like to see more articles like this to show them that it isn't.  Hangy skin is WAY healthier than obesity and I don't mean to indicate otherwise!  There is just more to the story.

I got up for CrossFit this morning.  Yay me!  We were finding our one rep max for our back squats and presses.  Basically we work to find the absolute highest possible weight we can handle doing just one full rep.  I'm very excited that I achieved a personal best of 195# in my back squat.  So excited!  My arms are a little bit jellified today though so I couldn't even reach my previous personal best of 95# on the Press and maxed out at 90#. 

One of the guys in class successfully back squatted 400#.  It was awesome.  He's a beast!

Yesterday was another phenomenal day of fitness and eating.  I ended the day with a 750 calorie deficit without feeling in any way deprived.  In fact, I ended the night with some butterscotch pudding and it was awesome!  This morning, my scale was feeling witchy and showed a .2 pound gain.  Sigh.  Whatever.  Onward.

Today's Nutritional Plan:
Breakfast: coffee with cream, Greek yogurt
Lunch:  Ham & Bean soup (I made it this weekend for the first time and it was super easy and totally awesome!!) and cornbread w/ Laughing cow.
Snack:  1/2 serving of taco soup (if needed)
Dinner:  I'm meeting a friend at a Mongolian BBQ place.  I printed out the nutritional information so I was able to plan my bowl in advance!  I doubt I will eat it all, but I planned a bowl that if I did eat it all, it would be okay.

Today's Fitness Plan:
CrossFit: check!  Also, I plan to leisurely walk (or bike if all the treadmills are taken) and read at lunch.

I saw this today and it describes me to a T.

Hugs!

2 comments:

~Miss Lorie~ said...

I love the walking and reading at lunch!

Good work on getting up for CF! Morning workouts are so hard for me... sigh..

Sheila said...

OMG, I blogged about her to. What an amazing woman and standing up for her "right" to show her extreme weight loss. I would NEVER want to show MY OWN personal hanging skin, but I LOVE that she wants to and she should be sooooo proud of herself and her tremendous loss. I love how she fought back against Shape Mag and their bullsh*t "rule"...this woman NEEDS to be celebrated!