I wish I were one of those people that decided I was going to do something and then would do it. Well, actually I am that person in almost every other part of my life. But with food, I'm not. But I do think I'm learning to live with my issues.
- I no longer go off the rails like the "old" days. Honestly, I'm not sure if that is even possible with the help of my Band. This is when I know I needed this little booger. Even if I would have found a way to get the weight off, I know I couldn't have maintained it. I don't like that about myself, but I'm happy that I found something to help me control it.
- I don't hide food. Even if I eat something away from other people, like when I'm at home by myself, I don't hide it or lie about it. This was a big deal "before". I would eat in secret all the time because I was ashamed of what I was doing. I can truly say that is no longer the case.
- I am better about using my splurge calories for good, not for evil. Meaning, I will choose things I really enjoy as opposed to eating high calorie foods that I don't even really like. I used to do that all the time! Especially with fast food.
- Speaking of fast food, I would say that other than Starbucks (which I don't count), I eat fast food (maybe?) once a month. It just isn't part of my routine at all.
- I drink soda about once a month as well (on average.)
- I love when I hear people say that they eat to live, not live to eat. I WISH I could be that way, but I'm not. While I don't think I necessarily "live to eat", I know that I haven't reached the "eat to live" category either. Food doesn't take up a lot of my thoughts during the day, but I obviously still make bad choices.
- I love food. I do. I love tasting something delicious and I don't think I want to live in a way that would deny me that. I realize that there are people that think that is crazy and I don't know what to tell you. I don't want to give up TV either. Or drinking. However, all of these things need to be "sometimes" things.
- I do worse when I'm at home. If there are snacks in the house, I will eat them. I must make an effort to have healthy snacks on hand and not allow myself to buy the bad ones. Honestly, this is when I know I'm not paying attention. When I am, I simply don't have these things on hand.
I'm cracking up because I just ran to the kitchen to get some water and I saw that our resident baker brought in yummies for Admin Day. :-) Isn't that how life works?