Unfortunately, my super awesome nursemaid mom can't come during that time. At first I started to put it off, then I realized I didn't want to. BFF is going to chaperon me that day. She will drive my to the surgery center where I'm scheduled as the first of the day (yay!). Then she will stay at my apartment for the day and that night (with a Jazzercise break, of course!) Then Lizard is going to stay with me the following night and Debi the night after that. By Saturday, I should be past any concerns and good to stay on my. BFF is just across the apartment complex if there is some sort of issue.
I'm so blessed to have such wonderful friends. I know that some people have to do these things on their own (and while taking care of kids!) so I'm very lucky that I don't have to.
- That I won't be able to drive by Monday when it is time to go back to work.
- That my arm scars will still be really bad by my trip.
- That I will gain a lot of weight while I'm not working out for 6 weeks.
- That the implants will be too big.
- If for some reason I'm still bad on Monday, then I won't drive. I will figure it out. Doctor says I will be able to, so I have to assume that I will be able to. I remember after my band surgery that if it weren't for my esphogeal spasms (which were a rare side effect), I would have been good after 2-3 days. There is no reason to think that this wouldn't be similar. And heck, I'm in WAY better shape for this surgery than that one!!!
- If my arms still have scars, then I will wear elbow length sleeves. I'm so self-conscious about my arms now that I would wear sleeves anyway so it isn't really that big of a deal. Plus, it is London, not Texas. I will probably need a jacket after the sweltering heat I'm leaving here. :)
- I won't be working out so I will HAVE to eat better. There just isn't any way around that and I will have to make it a priority.
- The surgeon worked with me and knows that I don't want large breasts. I'm getting implants because my tissue, no matter how much it is lifted, will not provide the correct size or shape breast for my body. I tried on samples and they looked fine. This is just my paranoia.
In other news, I went to see La Cage Aux Folles last night and it was positively delightful. George Hamilton was one of the leads and although he doesn't have much of a singing voice, he had the perfect charm for the part. The other lead was fan-freaking-tastic!
I'm exhausted though. I didn't get a lot of sleep on Tuesday night because I was up super late stressing about work and surgery freak outs. I'm guessing I will have several more of those if it is anything like my weeks before LB surgery. Then I got up early for CrossFit and didn't get to bed until midnight last night. But it was all worth it. All I have to do tonight is go to Jazzercise and then home. I do have to get up tomorrow for CrossFti, but then it is the weekend!!
Hope you are all having a wonderful day!