- Politics. You don't see/hear much good political debate because so many of the people that want to talk about it are people that want to roll you over with their side of the argument. So many lies spewed as fact, opinion spewed as fact...yes, I'm sure from both sides. I think we have an amazing country. Bush didn't destroy it. Obama is not destroying it. We need to look within ourselves and remember the ideals we have in common. This shit makes me grumpy.
- Death. ShareBear's mom is in hospice. She has fought hard over the last several years and she is an AMAZING woman. She has struggled against the odds and just can't fight anymore. Literally as I typed those words, I got an email from ShareBear that she has passed on. I am a woman of faith and I'm glad that when it was time, that God took her peacefully and quickly.
- Family. My brother is married with three youngish children. I am single with no children. Every year for Christmas, I go wherever they are, whenever they want me. All I ask is they give me enough notice to get a decent price ticket. However, my brother gets annoyed with the thought of having to plan for Christmas in September or October. So every year it is a struggle to pin down things enough to buy a ticket. This year I have been trying to wait, just hoping that they would tell me when to come. They haven't and ticket prices have already raised over $100 since I first asked. I know that it has nothing to do with their love for me, but on days like today, it sure feels like my brother doesn't care if I visit for Christmas or not. That makes my heart sad which makes me grumpy.
- Baseball. I realize that baseball shouldn't be on the same level as my previous items, but whatever. The Rangers should be at the top of the AL and last night they lost an important game which means they are playing in the Wild Card game tomorrow night. If they lose, their postseason is over. I have ALCS tickets and it appears that the Rangers shouldn't even make it to the ALDS. After THREE years, I finally get playoff tickets and it looks like it is for naught. Damn it. Maybe they will look better tomorrow, but based on last night? There is nothing to indicate they will be any better. G-R-U-M-P-Y!!
- Diet. I'm hungry. Quite honestly, this could be the number one reason I'm cranky, who knows. I really don't care the circumstances, dieting is hard. My food is absolutely delicious, but "right-sized" portions have never really been enough for me. I'm working hard to train myself to make that be enough, but it is hard. It will always be hard. That makes me sad and yes, grumpy.
It is a choice. No one else can control my reactions. I am in charge of me. Be gone bitterness, there is no place for you here.