Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Vacation & 40 By 40 Update

Vacation was great!!  Mom is recovering from surgery, so she was struggling a bit and tired, but so glad to see us.  We ate well, we drank well and we lazed like nobody's business.  It was positively delightful!  My parents are awesome.
I enjoyed wearing halters!  I went shopping and was pleasantly surprised at the sizes that I was able to wear.  I even bought a size M jacket from Ann Taylor and a size XL dress that looks smokin! It is for Fall though so it will be a little while before I can wear it. It is still the middle of summer in Texas! It is frustrating how this process seems to take forever, but I did get some validation that it IS working.  

Loss Goal: 40
July Loss:  5.0
Total Loss:  9.8
Left to Lose: 30.2

If I can keep losing 5 pounds per month, I will be thrilled.  That 5 pound loss even includes this Florida trip will all of its eating, drinking and laziness.  I have a couple of weeks before my trip to Louisville to see my brother and his family.

It gets frustrating working out twice a day and eating like a little birdie most of the time.  But it makes it all worth it when I can enjoy a vacation with its splurges and STILL lose weight toward my goal. 

This week is going to be a challenge.  I have a work lunch and my monthly dinner today, so no workouts.  Tomorrow, I will be able to work out at lunch and after work.  Thursday, I have church at lunch, so I'm trying to convince myself to work out before work and then after work.  Not sure about Friday either.  Saturday I will Jazzercise in the morning.  Next week I can get back to CrossFit.

Hugs!

5 comments:

jennxaz said...

nice losses!

Vanessa said...

Nice loss! Glad you had a great vacation!

Cat said...

Very nice loss Hero!! Love the pic!

Sheila said...

That is awesome on the losses! And great clothing finds too!

FitBy40 said...

You are doing so great!
Does your brother live in Louisville? We went there in June and I am convinced I'm meant to live there in my retirement years! I think we're going back for our anniversary next year. Real estate is so reasonable there!
Have fun!