Ladybug

Monday, September 15, 2014

How do I shut off my brain?

Okay, good news first. I lost 1.2 pounds last week. Again, it isn't stellar or anything for the record books, but that makes two weeks of solid losses. The focus of slow and steady is working so far. I will take it!

The other good news is that I worked out 5 times last week. Four Jazzercises and one run. This week, it is going to be a little more challenging. My mom is coming tomorrow to spend a week. Originally, the plan was to move and spend time organizing my new home. Since that has fallen through, we are playing it by ear. I'm going to Jazzercise tonight and I'm going to run on the two full days I work this week. I'm taking 1/2 days off for two days to spend time with mom. One day at a time...

This weekend was a bit emotional. We were still feeling a bit bummed about the condos, but like troopers, BFF & I went looking on Sunday. We found new options that we liked, but our bids were too late. It was one giant emotional roller coaster yesterday. Today we are both feeling more than defeated.

We are working on a temporary housing answer and I think once we have that in place, we both will feel better about everything. Hopefully we will have that all resolved in the next couple of days. If I don't push down my problems with chocolate and bourbon, I will consider it a success.

Once this all blows over things will be great. I just underestimated the toll it would take on our emotions. But how great would I feel if I conquered the sadness with some weightloss instead of just compounding the issues?

Hugs!

No comments: