Ladybug

Thursday, September 18, 2014

Staying on track

I have very little to say, but I feel strongly that when I don't blog, I stray, so HI! My mom came to visit for a week because you know, I was supposed to be moving into my new house. But I'm not. Sigh.

Really though, I enjoy her company. I picked her up at the airport yesterday and it was so crazy because I picked up her suitcase in baggage claim before people were off the plane. That was a first! I brought her back to my office and she hung out while I finished up some work. We headed to lunch with BFF & ShareBear which was really nice. We went to PF Changs and I had most of a cup of hot & sour soup and 4 pan seared pork dumplings. I love those things.

Afterward, Mom & I went shopping. She had a coupon for the Chico's outlet and I needed some retail therapy. I bought a pair of jeans and a white button up at Chico's, but I did some super big damage at the White Black store. Sheesh. It was fun though!

For dinner we stopped by the grocery store and picked up a rotisserie chicken. We had that with a side of some leftover tangy veggie salad I made for a party next week. Here is the recipe in case you are interested:

Bring to a boil and let cool:
3/4 c Apple Cider Vinegar
1/2 c Oil (I used avocado oil, but you could use olive oil or anything else)
1 c sugar (I'm sure you could use Splenda)
Salt & Pepper to taste

While that is cooling, chop & prepare the veggies. Drain & add:
16 oz. white shoepeg corn
16 oz French style green beans
8 oz. peas
1 c chopped celery (I think next time I might use jicama or bok choy)
8 chopped green onions
1 c chopped Green peppers
2 oz. chopped pimentos

It is easy, delicious and lasts forever. I'm sure that we will have a fun weekend!! The biggest deal is thay we are keeping each other on track and not allowing me to eat my sadness.

Hugs!

2 comments:

Hollee said...

lol, I couldn't finish reading this one since it's clear liquid (day before surgery!!!) day.

I'm glad you're enjoying your time with your mom. I hope it boosts your spirits :)

MandaPanda said...

I'm sorry your condo fell through. I know how stressful the living arrangement stuff can be. Hang in there! Glad the retail therapy helped! Honestly, having my mom around would cheer me up too.