Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Eh...today is kind of boring.

I don't really have too much to say today, but I promised myself that I would stay accountable, so here I am!!

B:  coffee & greek yogurt
L:  chicken sausage, hummus, crackers & a laughing cow wedge
S:  boiled egg & babybel
D:  Leftover pork loin
S:  Pudding Cup

I almost didn't go to CrossFit this morning.  I had to modify almost every single thing and it felt like it was going to be a beating.  I realized that was ridiculous and I went.

A.  Warm up - we had a different type of warm up today.  15:00 of this however many rounds you can do up to 10 reps each (scale accordingly.)
  • :20 Samson stretch each leg (well, I could do that)
  • Pistols (basically a single leg squat with the other leg out forward.  I can't do this, so basically I would do one-legged sits and stands on a 19" box)
  • Good Mornings w/ barbell (I could do this.  You put the barbell behind you on your shoulders and bend over at the waist.)
  • Medicine ball sit ups (I could do this.  You just do a sit up but then add a medicine ball in your hands touching the ground sitting up in front of you and then behind your head.)
  • Handstand pushups.  (Whatever.  I knelt on a box, flipped myself over and simulated a push up.)
  • Scapula Pull Ups (Basically you hang from the bar and squeeze your shoulders together.  I could only get 2-3 good ones at a time, but I did them.)
  • 50 Double Unders. (Double whatever.  I did singles.)
B.  Weighted Pull ups 6x3.  I can't do pull ups, so basically I just worked on them using a big gigantic band for assistance.

C.  50 Burpee Pull ups.  It is what it sounds like.  You do a burpee and when you are jumping up to clap, you grab a bar instead and do a pull up.  We have already established that I can't do pull ups.  So I just did 50 burpees.  But I did do full on burpees so that was quite a work out.

So, I'm glad I went.  I was disillusioned with how much I had to modify, but whatever, right?  I did it.  Then I ellipticized for 35 minutes at lunch.

Tomorrow is BFF's birthday so it will be a super fun day!!  I'm planning to workout in the office gym before work and that's it.  Maybe I will do some calisthenics in addition to the elliptical. 

Hugs!

3 comments:

Cat said...

Holy cow you are my Hero!! 50 Burpees? Are you kidding me? /die

MandaPanda said...

Your modifications are great and eventually you'll be doing all of it unmodified and you'll be a bad mammajamma!

Lisa said...

Sometimes it is really hard to stick to the certain regime, especially when it comes to working out and diet. Lack of food makes you exhausted and you have no strength for exercising. Still, I have found a solution, with the help of militarygradenutritionals.com/blog. Their advices on proper nutrition helped me to change my life. The food you are taking can really do a lot, you just need to know which food is right for you. Now I am in much better shape than I used to be.