Ladybug

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

One month down!

This is the first monthly weigh in for my 40 By 40 Challenge.  You might remember that I am challenging myself to lose 40 pounds by my 40th birthday which is in June 2014.

Loss Goal:  40
June Loss:  4.8
Left to Lose:  35.2

I lost a little ground with my gluttonous vacation, but I was still able to get a solid loss.  Now that the first month is over, I want to see myself continue to be excited about it and to continue to work hard to meet my goal.  Many times I get bored with things and lose focus.  I'm determined not to let that happen. 

Last night was one of my Girls' Interesting Dinners.
I really need to start carrying my actual camera because my cell phone photos kind of stink.  But you get the idea.  I'm front and center this month! 

We went to a Middle Eastern restaurant called Afghan Grill.  I tried a glass of white wine from Turkey.  It was very sweet, but good.  I like red wine a lot more than white wine, but the red gives me a headache where the white does not.  We shared some hummus as an appetizer.  It was very good but didn't have a ton of spice or bold flavor to it that you might get at some places.

I ordered a chicken and rice dish.  It was tasty, especially the rice.  I'm not sure if is was basmati rice, but it had that type of texture and I'm a fan.  Lizard got some middle eastern type raviolis and I have to say that if I go back, it is what I would get.  I think I ate 1/3 of her meal! 

Most of all, it is just nice to sit and hang out with some of my best friends and actually have conversation and laugh together. 

I felt bad for BFF because we were commuting together and I have a wicked case of PMS.  I was supposed to start Sunday and it is now Wednesday.  I am not pregnant.  What is the freaking hold up?  Anyway, I pretty much hate the world which is NOT how I like to be.  This is when it is super great to be single because I just went home, curled up, watched my Rangers and fantasized about my favorite player being the perfect boyfriend.  Now that is what I call a great night.  :-)

The next couple of days call for two-a-day workouts.  I can do this.  I can do this.  It is worth it.  It is worth it.  I will succeed.  I will succeed.

Hugs!
 

2 comments:

MandaPanda said...

Great loss! You got this!

Cat said...

Great loss this month Hero!! Keep up the great work. Love that dress you're wearing in your girl's night photo! So cute!