Ladybug

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Brrrrr!

Good morning!  I got out of bed this morning for CrossFit, saw that it was 36 degrees outside, then turned around got back into bed.  I realize that it was much worse in other parts of the country, but I'm so done with it.  It isn't supposed to be that much warmer tomorrow morning, but I will have to wrap my head around it and deal.

That sounded grumpy, but I'm not grumpy at all.  I was slightly annoyed that I had to drag out my winter coat this morning, but I still have a smile on my face!

Today's Nutrition Plan:
Breakfast:  coffee with cream (x1), boiled egg, 1/2 chicken burger patty
Lunch:  soup, cheese & crackers
Snack:  Greek Yogurt (if I'm really hungry, I might change this to mixed nuts)
Dinner:  Leftover 6-layer dip, tortilla chips & pulled chicken

Today's Fitness Plan:
CrossFit.  Fail!  Plan B - Jazzercise.  I believe it is a kickboxing type Jazzercise class, so that should kick my butt nicely.  In addition, I'm going to go to the gym during lunch and leisurely work out on the treadmill or bike while I read.  I'm almost done with The Shining!

I was talking to my mom last night about how focused I seem to be on my weight loss goals right now.  I mentioned that I was still about 20 pounds from my lowest size.  She asked if I thought I would lose that by the end of the year and a light bulb went off in my head.  I'm a procrastinator.  I gave myself a year to lose 40 pounds in my self imposed 40 By 40 challenge and after a nice start, I think I subconsciously started procrastinating.  I didn't mean to do it.  But now that I look back, I think that is EXACTLY what I did.

Now that I'm too close to the end date to reach my birthday goal, it would be easy to feel like a failure.  But I'm smaller than I was this time last year AND I'm solidly on a downward trend.  I will not allow myself to see that as a failure.  What I will do is work as hard as possible for these next 7.5 weeks to get as close to that goal as possible.

Then I will continue to fight this battle I have in the best way I can.  It is only a failure if I quit.  Band or no band, I knew this was a lifelong struggle, a never-ending quest if you will.  And some days, that is just going to be overwhelming.  But there will be times, like right now, where I am motivated and I will use those times to fight to make sure I never get myself in the position I was in five years ago. 

I'm not saying I will never participate in another challenge.  Heck, I'm part of a diet bet right now!!  I just won't allow them to define my success.  I define my success.  And I will not let perfect be the enemy of good!!

Hugs!

3 comments:

~Miss Lorie~ said...

Perfect is the enemy of good. I always fall into that trap. Always! :)

KajunDee said...

Keep walking the walk & talking the talk, your goals will happen, thre is no finish line on this journey

Kathy said...

You have the perfect attitude about those last few pounds. That "failure" label is so hard, but I understand it because I've said to myself as well. Keep fighting the good fight!