Ladybug

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Wednesday

This week is a short work week for me.  Our offices are closed on Good Friday and Thursday afternoon, our home office is spending the afternoon at the Ballpark.  YAY! 

Speaking of the Rangers, I stayed up a tad too late last night because we were actually winning.  Woohoo!!  It would be awesome if Fielder's HR means that he has found his bat.  He's in a bit of a slump and we need some offense action. 

Today's Nutrition Plan:
Breakfast:  coffee with cream (x2), boiled egg & 1/2 chicken burger patty
Lunch:  soup, cheese & crackers
Snack:  greek yogurt
Dinner:  Leftover chicken fried rice
Snack:  pudding & peaches

Today's Fitness Plan:
CrossFit - check!  Also, planning to leisurely walk at lunch and read.

I finished The Shining yesterday so now I'm ready to start Doctor Sleep.  This morning when I went to the basement (where the locker rooms are located) of my building, I walked past the boiler room and tried not to get nervous that it might explode or something.  I haven't been this scared of boiler rooms since Freddy Krueger!  Just kidding.  Mostly.  I do now want to go rent the movie though. 

I almost talked myself out of going to CrossFit this morning.  I don't know why I do that.  I feel SO much better after and I have never once regretted going once I was done.  I just kept putting one foot in front of the other until I got myself there.  We had a very brief warm up and our trainer had a little game for us.  We made three circles which one person in the middle.  The person in the middle would hold on to a weight plate in each hand at their sides, so holding on with their fingertips.  The rest in the circle would squat and pass around a medicine ball until the person in the center dropped the weights.  The two with the least amount of time had to do penalty burpees...only 5 though so it wasn't too punitive.  I'm happy to say that I held them the 2nd longest of the girls. 

Our workout was twofold.  A. 2-2-2-2-2 Deadlifts at 90% of 1 rep max.  My one rep max was 225# but it was a long time ago.  Instead of 200#, I used 185# and it was still really heavy.  I've got to be more consistent if I'm going to get stronger.  B.  3 rounds: 400m run & 50 push ups.  There was a 15:00 cutoff and she didn't want us to scale the runs, so I scaled to 25 regular push ups per round.  I thought about scaling it to 50 knee push ups, but I went with 25 regular.  I'm not really sure which is better, but I finished in 14:12.

This morning I was talking to my mom about how well I seem to be doing.  She mentioned that my band is really helping me.  And she is totally right.  But also, there is something different about this time.  I'm LETTING it help me, I guess.  Many other times, while my band helped my ginormous appetite, I offset that with bad choices.  Right now, I seem to be willing to make better choices, even when I really don't want to do it.  I've blogged every day and I've logged in MFP for the last 45 days straight (I'm sure that is a record for me).  I've got to take advantage of it while I feel this way! 

One of the very talented girls in our construction group brought homemade Easter cookies and cupcakes today.  I'm staying very far away from that side of the building!!

Hugs!

1 comment:

Kathy said...

I think you really hit the nail on the head about having a tool to help you, but that you're making great choices. Logging into MFP makes such a world of difference. I know there are things that I have wanted to have, but when I checked out what sort of damage it would do to my day, in the end it just wasn't worth it. All that hard work for a sliver of something just seems ridiculous. You're such an inspiration to me with all the Cross Fit you do (as well as everything else).