2. I have a hard time staying in my calorie range when on liquids, but I did have an acceptable deficit yesterday. It will be easier for me to be in the right range when I can start eating solid food. Just being on the liquids though has cleaned out my system a bit. I was 1.6 pounds down yesterday and another .8 pounds today. I need to lose another 3.6 pounds before I feel like I'm in new territory.
3. I have this issue where it seems like I can either eat well or work out like a beast, but I can't do both. I'm sure it is just mental. I worked out yesterday and I will again today, but I haven't been able to get up for CrossFit. I'm sleeping horribly which I think is stemming from allergies. That, coupled with the somewhat drastic change in my eating habits just has me not wanting to get up and conquer WOD's. I would like to go tomorrow, but I have this feeling that I won't.
4. Today's Nutrition Plan:
- Breakfast - coffee with cream (x1), Lean 1 Smoothie King chocolate smoothie with peanut butter
- Lunch - Tomato soup
- Snack - greek yogurt
- Dinner - Soup and Mashed potatoes
- Snack - butterscotch pudding
6. My boss gave my fellow VP tickets to a suite at the Final Four practice day tomorrow. There were four tickets and he didn't have anyone else that wanted to go so he offered up some tickets to me and BFF. I believe it is free to the public, but the tickets are for a suite that has free food and whatnot. I thought it was kind of a cool thing to do. In the late afternoon there is an all-star game and I found out that one of my favorite IU players is playing in it, so that made it even cooler! I wish my stinking IU shirt fit, but I'm pretty sure I can't lost 15 pounds by tomorrow. Bummer.
7. We had some drama around the office yesterday. There are a bunch of apartments being built across the street from our office and a portion of them collapsed. Lots of drama! Someone was taken to the hospital, but he didn't seem to be badly hurt. It is little disturbing to see a pile of rubble where a building once stood.
8. Today's Fitness Plan: 20:00 treadmill walking uphill, 5 rounds: 5 burpees, 10 situps, 15 squats. Yesterday I did this but with push ups instead of burpees. I thought the burpees would help give me some good quick cardio.
9. About five years ago, I essentially changed careers. The company I have worked for since 1998 had difficult times during the last recession (as many companies did.) We sold a huge portion of our company and laid off another 200 or so employees. I think there were 24 of us at our smallest. I had been in charge of a large accounting group, but after the layoff, I became in charge of that accounting process (which was now outsourced so my role was more review), cash management, insurance, taxes and keeping track of our multiple legal entities. It was crazy times. Over the last five years, things have shifted. All of the accounting and tax functions have shifted over to my VP counterpart. My group does the cash management, insurance, entity management and manages any legal situations that might arise.
At this point my job is about 90% risk management (only about 2% accounting which is interesting since I'm a CPA) and I have learned a ton about insurance over this time. Now I've decided to learn more and get one of the insurance industry certifications. That means I have to read and study. I really never thought that after my CPA exam, I would be doing something like this. I'm not a big fan of studying. I never have been. But I know it will be good for me and it will be good for my company. I'm just getting started so I will keep you posted.
10. Hugs! :-)