Friday, November 18, 2011

I love it when things turnaround!

I spent the entire day yesterday in my office with the door shut.  I was uber productive and I talked to no one.  Not only did it make my head feel better, I finished a project that I had been working on for a while.  YAY!  By the end of the day, I decided to go to Jazzercise.  Mostly, it just hurt to smile or furrow my brow...anything that would move my forehead.  I told BFF that I was happy and wanted to smile, but it hurt.  She kept looking at me and finally said that it is hard to believe I'm not upset because I looked so sad.  Thank goodness I can smile again because I can't imagine life without smiling!

Anyway, class was good, but it did hurt my head.  It was both the best AND worst I felt all day, if that makes sense.  But the pain faded after a bit and the good feeling stayed with me, so it was all worth it.

Then I went home and tried to decide if I was going to get up for CrossFit this morning.  On one hand, I was still not feeling great and it was practically vacation time, right?
  On the other hand, I can't work out for three days after my procedure this afternoon...  But it's so early.  But I feel so good when it is done.  Just pack your bag in case and you can decide later.  I packed my bag. 

I don't HAVE to get up early.  I mean no one is making me.  But I'm an adult and I keep saying that I want to do this.  Sigh.  Fine.  I set my alarm to get up early and went to bed.  I woke up at 3:15 and my head hurt but not too horrible, but I decided that I just didn't want to get up at 5:30, so I switched my alarm to the later time.  I tried to fall back asleep but I felt guilty.  Sooo...I switched the alarm back.  I fell asleep.  I woke up feeling like it had been a while and the clock said 5:12 which is when the alarm is supposed to go off, but it didn't.  That made me decide that fate said I shouldn't go.  Ha!

So, I switched to the later time.  Then I immediately reset the alarm for 5:30.  If it goes off, I will get up.  5:30 comes and the alarm goes off.  I turn on the TV.  It is 44 degrees outside.  I turn off the TV and decide to go back to bed.  NO.  Then I turned the TV back on.  The bridge I take to get to CF is closed down until 6am.  Seriously?  Sigh.  I turn the TV back off.  One minute passes.  I hear my phone ding telling me I had a FB message.  I knew it was Laura Belle telling me she got up to run.  Damn it.  And I finally got up for good. 

Can I tell you how glad I am that I did?  First, I got to class and even though it is chilly outside, once I warm up, I get really hot, so it's all good.  There were only five of us today.  We rowed for our warm up and it is SO awesome to not be last in the warm up.  That never happens when we run.  But I can row!! 

After more warm up, we worked on weighted pull ups.  I can't do those, so I worked on negatives (jumping up above the bar and slowly letting myself down.)  When I first tried them a while back, I pretty much would jump up and fall right back down.  This time, I offered a little resistance and it was great to see the progress I'm making.  Then I would get into a dead hang and Bach would hold my feet.  I would use her as leverage to do pull ups.  They were hard but I got them done.

WOD:  3 rounds
  • 400m run
  • 10 Sumo Deadlift High Pulls
  • 15 True Push ups
SDHP's are when you stand in Sumo position (you know, legs spread out like sumo wrestlers) and you pull the barbell up from the floor to your chin...kind of like an upright row.  The prescribed weight for women was 65#.  I have NEVER done anything at the prescribed weight in a WOD before, but that didn't seem out of the question.  I tried it and it seemed possible...  True push ups are when you go all the way to the floor, release your hands off the floor and go again.

I'm not going to lie, folks.  I was WAY behind the pack.  In fact, a couple of guys lapped me which is kind of sad when there is only 3 rounds.  Ha!  But I finally did a WOD as prescribed.  For 13 minutes, I worked as hard as my body would allow.  I honestly don't care that it took me so long.  I really don't.  I worked HARD and I did it!

I feel so good sitting here this morning and I couldn't be more glad to have gotten up and taken care of bidness.  Thanks for the extra little push, Laura Belle!

I only have a 1/2 day at work today because I'm getting a vein zapped on my leg.  Shouldn't be any worse than getting a tattoo, right?  Then my mamasita gets in later this afternoon for the week.  Fun!



Laura Belle said...

You know what I kept thinking while lying in bed trying to decide if i wanted to sleep that extra 30 minutes?????? That Beth Ann is up and at 'em, so I should be too! So thank you for pushing ME!

We're just a perfect little team!

Cat said...

Awww!! Hero, I'm so very proud of you for getting up, it did rather look for a bit there as if fate were telling you not to do it. But you did it, and you feel better. I'm so glad about that.

FitBy40 said...

I remember the first time I forgot to set the alarm but woke up at the right time anyway, and I got up and went! I was amazed at myself, and thought "you've come a long way!"
Now you know you have too.
Glad you're feeling better. Good luck on your procedure.

Andrea said...

Good for you! Have fun with your mom!

trisha said...

i had to laugh at your little bed dance you did with your alarm and the tv! way to go on getting up!

Stephanie said...

Ok, Beth...I think I am going to have to hire YOU as my trainer. You inspire me to go back with a I just need to work my budget!!

Ronnie said...

I'm just now getting around to reading this, so forgive my late reply. O:)

You rock my socks, Beth! :)