Ladybug

Friday, February 17, 2012

Friday rules!

As I sit here slightly stuck on my Flinstone's chewables, I realize I'm blessed.  I don't like it when I'm in a funk and wallowing in my self pity.  Self pity is like quicksand and once you let yourself step into it, it is hard to get out.  There is just something oddly comforting about that sinking feeling.  You know it isn't good for you, but getting out is just too damn hard and the longer you wait, the harder it gets.

We all know that I like to be happy, so no more quicksand.  I CHOOSE to be happy!  I have been choosing it every day until finally today, I just am.  Fake it 'til you make it!! 

CrossFit this morning was great.  I snatched 70# which is a personal record for me.  I have never snatched over 55# even in a power snatch.  We haven't done full squat snatches in a long while and it was evident that I had gotten a lot stronger in that time.  Cool!  (This is a snatch in case you are wondering.  It's not me, obviously.  Ha!)
Then we did a 10:00 AMRAP (as many rounds as possible) 15 Wall Balls & 200m run.  I used a 14# ball and I finished 4 full rounds and a 5th set of wall balls.  You know how much I love running!  But I powered through. 

This stupid vitamin.  Wonder when Fred is going to go down?  I drank my coffee and it went down, but there is very obviously something sitting there.  Ugh.  I want to eat my oatmeal!

I was so thrilled with all the compliments on my dress yesterday.  I really love it.  If you do too, you can find similar things at modcloth.com.  I may have bought two more things last night.  But I feel sure that they are going to be way too small, so they will be goal clothes!  :)

We have theater tickets tonight and I'm looking forward to that.  It will be nice not to have a super busy weekend for once!  Hope you all enjoy yours!!

Hugs!

3 comments:

Cat said...

Ooooh that Snatch looks hard! I'm so freaking proud of you that you got 70#!! That's amazing.

Personally, I think you should use that dress pic yesterday for your February pic. That's just my opinion though! : )

Anonymous said...

What a great attitude and congrats on the snatch....

speck said...

I'm just glad that isn't you in that video! I would have been really impressed! lol

And you are so right about self-pity.

Have a good day Beth.

Sandra