Ladybug

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Hazy Dazy

I feel cloudy.  Or rather my head feels cloudy.  I'm not sick, but I just can't shake this feeling and it is driving me bonkers. 

I had a busy day yesterday.  CrossFit in the AM (more on that later), then big work meetings through to the afternoon.  By 3pm, I was feeling kind of miserable.  BFF was super sick and wasn't going to be able to go see Bring It On The Musical with me, so since I wasn't feeling great either, I gave my tickets to a coworker.  She said it was one of the most fun shows she has ever seen.  As bummed as I am that I missed it, I'm glad that she enjoyed it.

Instead, I went to church and then home.  I had thought I would snuggle up and watch the IU game, but it didn't start on TV until 9:30.  Since I crashed at 8:15...I thought I might try and watch it tonight if I can avoid finding out the results today.  Even with all that sleep, the clouds remain.  Hopefully, it will just run its course.  Or I will finally get sick.  One or the other...

My fill has been going really well.  My hunger pains have really gone away and I can survive on appropriate portions again.  The problem I'm having now is that I can't eat A LOT of things and most of what I can eat is not good for me.  So I'm not really doing any better calorie-wise post fill.  That is something I need to work on.  I have to say though, it is nice not to be hungry ALL THE TIME.

One step at a time, I guess.

As for CrossFit yesterday, we did the same WOD we did on 1/10.  The box had sponsored a Paleo Challenge and it wanted a benchmark for those who participated.  I didn't participate in the challenge, but it was still neat to see.  The WOD was 1 minute of front squats (as many as possible) then immediately a 1 mile run.  I lifted 75# for the squats both times.  On 1/10, I did 16 squats and ran the mile in 11:39.  Yesterday, I did 21 squats and ran the mile in 11:28.  Not bad!

Hope you are all having a great week!

HUGS!

3 comments:

Cat said...

What a significant improvement from your 1/10 date!!! So proud of you.

I am with you in that while I cannot eat much the stuff I'm eating is sometimes bad calorie-wise.

Dawnya said...

Feel better darlin'.

Laura Belle said...

I hope you're feeling better today!!!