1. Went to CrossFit this morning. I was winded with the warm up. I really hate getting out of shape! Got my personal record in the Power Clean this morning, so that was super awesome. Here is a Power Clean:
I lifted 75# for 26 reps in the 5:00. I wish I could have gotten more in, but that was my best. Great workout!
2. Today represents two full weeks of successful Paleo!! Yay for me! I'm slightly concerned that the scale has gone up two days in a row. I don't usually get too upset about day-to-day fluctuations as long as down is the overall trend. Just keeping an eye on it.
3. I am trying black coffee today. It is flavored coffee, but still black. I don't like it. But I don't really like the hot tea either, so I might as well work on liking the black coffee. Maybe if I drink it everyday for two weeks, I will be able to drink it with just a dash of cream and no sweetener. One can dream!
4. My shower caddy bag was not as waterproof, or rather soap proof as I thought. My liquid soap came open and it was so bad I had to throw the bag away. Guess I will be looking for a new shower caddy today!
5. I have a new adopted soldier. My last one got to go home. YAY for him!! I tried to send a package to the new one but stamps.com doesn't like his address so I will have to go to the post office. Silly stamps.com. I emailed them and they are supposed to email back within 24 hours. We shall see. If I don't hear from them, I will go to the post office. The dude is in Afghanistan in what I imagine to be god-awful conditions, I at the very least can make myself brave the joyous folks at the USPS.
6. This weekend I'm making Paleo Shepherd's Pie. It is basically a meatloaf with a sweet potato/cauliflower topping. Hopefully it turns out okay. I will keep you posted.
7. I'm wearing my new earrings. They are Stella & Dot and I LOVE them! You can kind of see them here:
8. Looking at this photo, I have some bags under my eyes, but I can definitely see more definition in my face. With the weight gain, I was getting round in the face. Nice to see that fading a bit.
9. My goal for the weekend is to get my bedroom organized a little bit. When my parents were here, they helped me rearrange my furniture and I never really got things put back together. On Saturday, I would really like to get everything put away in its place so next weekend I can start digging into my organization project a little.
10. Today's food plan:
- Breakfast - Black coffee! Breakfast sausage & eggbeater scramble.
- Lunch - Baked sweet potato, leftover chicken & veggies.
- Snack - Boiled egg, apple or pear & almond butter
- Dinner - Mustard Balsamic Chicken & veggies. Have some mixed fruit for dessert if I want it.