Ladybug

Monday, June 18, 2012

Another Monday! Here we are.  :)  I feel like this is going to be a fantastic week!

Weight

I lost 2 pounds last week and normally I would be over the moon.  I am happy about it, but when you put on 10 pounds practically overnight, you want it to go a little faster, especially since I was 5 pounds down on Friday. 

I know I tend to fluctuate more than the average person.  It boggles my mom's mind since she doesn't fluctuate more than 2 pounds or so at the most.  Last night I jumped on the scale to see about where I might be this morning to prepare myself.  I was up 8 pounds since Friday.  WTF?!!?  Anyway, when I officially weighed this morning, I was 5 pounds less than that.  My body is odd.

One of my coworkers asked me this morning, what I'm expecting from this Paleo thing.  The funny thing is that I don't have a real answer.  I mean I want a few things:
  1. I want my body to normalize.  The surgery has really messed with it and I would like to get it regulated.
  2. I want to lose more weight.
  3. I want to have a nutrition plan that is safe and realistic for me.
I still had cream & sweetener in my coffee this morning, which isn't Paleo, but I think that if I gave up absolutely everything, I wouldn't last past the week.  I will ALWAYS be battling my weight.  I want to se if this is something I can sustain that might help me do that for a while.

Paleo Meals

Last night I made Paleo Spaghetti.  I made a homemade bolognese sauce  that had a lot of veggies (carrots, celery, mushrooms) and ground beef.  It was delicious!  Then we had it over spaghetti squash.  I liked it!  I think that next time I might try it over zucchini spears instead, but I definitely will be having it again.

For breakfast, I made egg cups/mini-quiches.  I made them with bacon, mixed mushrooms, & butterkasse cheese.  They are delicious!!  Dairy is something that many hardcore paleo followers give up, but I'm leaving it right now along with corn and sweet potatoes. 

I believe that if I give up refined sugar and white flour, it is going to do amazing things for my body.  I'm also giving up potatoes and rice temporarily, but that might be something I work back in over time when I feel that I'm better limiting my carbs.

For lunch, half my company is going out for a June birthday lunch.  There are 5 or 6 of us that all had birthdays this month and we are going to Pappasito's Tex-Mex.  I'm either going to have fajitas with no tortillas or the Pappasito's Grill which is a skewer of grilled beef, chicken, bacon-wrapped shrimp & veggies.  I will probably end up with the fajitas because the meat is really good there.

For snacks, I have roasted almonds, a cucumber, & mixed berries.  Tonight for dinner, I'm going to try one of the salads I bought from My Fit Foods and then have some strawberries for dessert.

There is nothing about today's meal plan that makes me feel like I'm sacrificing, but it is only day #1!  :-)

Recovery

Things are going well with my recovery.  I'm looking forward to my follow up with the surgeon tomorrow.  I'm REALLY hoping that I get my staples out and that I can remove the arm wraps.  I'm also hoping that he releases me for some sort of exercise!

I have a small hole right under my left armpit that is having trouble healing.  It still oozes a lot, especially when I'm sleeping.  I'm eager to see what he has to say about that.  Hopefully it won't leave a big scar but if it does, at least it is in my armpit!

I still have a lot of anxiety that I'm battling but I know that exercise will make it go away.  I just have to be patient a little while longer!!

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend and happy Monday!!

Hugs!

2 comments:

tz said...

I've also tried spaghetti sauce over steamed broccoli and it was pretty yummy :D Paleo diet is something I've thought about for awhile...it seems like a nice easy to follow plan.

trishajo said...

ohhhhhhhhh Pappacito's.... ((DROOL))!! LOL