Ladybug

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Yuck!

Recovery

I am a good patient.  No.  I'm am a stellar patient.  If the doctor tells me to do something, I do it.  However, I found my line.  I wore those compression sleeves yesterday and they were horrible.  They hurt worse than any of the surgery issues.  So when I got home, I switched them for a different pair which felt better but were still really uncomfortable.  I woke up this morning and my forearms were so swollen that I couldn't even make a fist.

I went back to the wraps and called the doctor to tell them.  My only concern is that after she said I could go back to the wraps, she said, "Maybe you just aren't ready for those yet."  All the swelling is gone from my arms, so they aren't going to get any smaller.  I just don't think there will be any way for me to wear them. 

So I'm a little bummed this morning and I don't feel very well (which I think stems from anxiety.)  My biggest fear is that I will still be in wraps when it is time for my trip and that makes me very, very sad.  But I will just move forward and take things as the come.  No need to worry about any of that now.

On a positive note, everything looks GREAT!  I will try to get new pictures of my arms for you this week.  Also, I actually slept on my side some last night so that is just going to get better and better.  I tried several times to add a photo of a new dress I got this weekend, but it would only post sideways.  What is up with that?  Anyway, maybe another day.

Weight

No change today.  This is the first weekday since starting Paleo that I haven't moved down.  I didn't do anything off plan yesterday, so I'm not concerned.  We will see how the next few days go before I give it any thought.

Paleo

Everything went well yesterday!  Today's meal plan:

Breakfast - mini quiches
AM Snack - 1/2 serving of almonds
Lunch - My Fit Foods Steak Salad
PM Snack - Apples with almond butter
Dinner - Either a My Fit Foods Chicken Salad or Leftover Carne Asada w/Black Beans
Late Snack - Fruit or nuts

Weekend

I have to get up tomorrow morning at 5am to get BFF to the airport.  She is going to a Jazzercise convention.  But this weekend I get to see my volleyball boys and I could not be more excited.  Go Team USA!!!

Hugs!

5 comments:

Rhonda said...

Yay for sleeping on your side! For me, I know it's very uncomfortable sleeping on your back, so I'm excited for you. :)

Stace said...

I've been dying for pictures! And oh my gosh I hope you don't have to vacation with those things on!!

Theresa said...

You poor thing. After my little vein procedure, which was just injections...they wanted me to wear a compression garment for 2 weeks! Needless to say, I did not, I couldn't do it, it was literally painful and my leg would swell on either end of the garment. Ouch, I can only imagine what your arms would feel like after surgery! Bless your heart!!!

Sarah said...

Those compression things are dreadful. I was told I had to wear the leg ones for 2 days after my band surgery. I did one night and had them off before they leave the hospital. If they are too tight they make you feel worse than not wearing them. I am sure the "maybe you aren't ready" was more a way of covering themselves. xx

tz said...

I hope you don't have to go on vacation with the wraps either! But I bet your arms are looking great!