Ladybug

Friday, June 22, 2012

TGIF Blogland!

Weight

Another pound and a half of bloat...gone!  This means that I'm 2 pounds from my pre-plastics weight.  Woohoo!  After that, I feel like I'm getting somewhere, even though I have another 5 pounds to get to my "normal" weight and another 5 to get to my lowest.  I realize that it is mostly bloat weight, but it still feels good to be over 6 pounds lower on Friday than I was on Monday!!

Now...the big key is keeping it off through the weekend.  Last weekend, I gained back over half of what I lost during the week.  No bueno!  So, this time, I'm more prepared.  I look forward to telling you on Monday that I maintained my loss...or possibly increased?  Do you think that might be possible? 

Paleo

I can tell you that I haven't felt hungry all week.  I know I keep saying that, but it is true.  When this starts getting harder, which it will, I need to remind myself of this over and over.  Help remind me when I start caving!!

Breakfast:  2 Mini Quiches
AM Snack:  15 Almonds (1/2 a serving)
Lunch:  My Fit Foods Chili
PM Snack:  1/2 cucumber, 20 Almonds, 1 slider hamburger patty w/cheese and 3 jalepeno poppers (GF)
Dinner:  Baked tilapia with veggies
Evening Snack:  1 serving Mixed Nuts

Hmmm...I had over 2 servings of nuts yesterday, so I'm going to need to watch that.  They are just so easy!!  Plus, I did a lot of snacking in the afternoon.  Our company had a party so the slider patty and poppers were a last minute thing.  I can't turn away those poppers! 

My biggest challenge for the weekend will be avoiding snacking during the day tomorrow and during the evening Sunday. 

Sleep

I slept 5 hours last night.  That is just not normal for me...I'm a 8-10 hour sleeper!!  I went to bed early, but I could not fall asleep.  Finally, after midnight I got up and took some Tylenol in a desperate attempt to sleep.  Luckily, it worked.  I woke up at 4am, wide awake as can be.  I think I finally drifted back off around 5am and then woke up with the alarm.  I'm not tired at all this morning.  It will be interesting to see if I crash in the afternoon!

Fitness

I went on the treadmill at lunch yesterday!!  I walked for 20 minutes (60 seconds of jogging) on Wednesday, so yesterday I walked for 30 minutes and jogged for 60 seconds and then again for 90 seconds.  It hurt my arms a little to jog, but cardio-wise...it felt fantastic!!  I can't wait until I can start pushing a little more.

Recovery

Speaking of hurting, things are definitely hurting less.  During my lots of awake time last night, I discovered that I can lay on my right side (gingerly) but not my left.  My arm mobility is 100%, but I still have to move slow in the extreme angles. 

The breast incisions are looking less angry and the scar therapy seems to already have some effect.  There are still some stray stitches, but everything is moving along.  Arm incisions are looking great and I have so much hope that these staples will come out in 4 days!

Weekend

I'm headed to the Rangers game tonight with BFF.  Since she eats gluten-free, I know we will go to dinner somewhere I will be able to stick to my plan.  No snacks at the Ballpark shouldn't be too tough, but I might treat myself with a diet soda...

Saturday night, we are having a little girls night at a friends house.  We are grilling meat and veggies and having a wine tasting.  The wine is the one treat I'm letting myself have over the weekend.  I will try and limit myself to 2 glasses total.

BFF usually comes over on Sunday evenings but she has plans this week, so I'm on my own.  Dangerous!  This is my snacky, snacky time.  I'm cooking chicken lettuce tacos to have as leftovers for the weekend and I really like them, so I hope I'm not too tempted.

Olympics

I tracked down another volleyball ticket for the Olympics!!  I found a guy who had one for one of his children who isn't going now.  I only needed one because it is the 2nd week after SIL leaves.

I had a dream the other night that I was leaving for London but totally unprepared.  I have been waiting for so long, but now it is time to start making final preparations.  There are 5 weekends before I leave and I have something planned almost every single weekend day or night.  Geeze.  It will all come together though!

Hugs!

3 comments:

vickyd said...

I'm in town until next Friday and have been talking to Ronnie, Brenda and Andrea about a possible meet up in Ft Worth on Sunday sometime after 4. Are you interested? I've asked Ronnie if she can coordinate it since I don't know the area and I don't have a lot of details right now but email me if you're interested and we can go from there...

Jen said...

London is coming up so soon!!
glad you are healing and the scale is moving back down in the right direction!!

Can you share you recipe for your little quiches?? I think I might like to try those for breakfast!!

Have a fun weekend! sounds like it will be fun!

Stacey said...

Your weekend sounds like fun! I have a problem with weekends too. During the week, I pack my lunch and breakfast so I have limited opportunity to mess up. Oh, I still find a way, but I have to work at it!