Ladybug

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

I'm loose, baby!

Good morning! 

Weight

The bloating is starting to disappear!!  I lost another 2 pounds since yesterday.  I know that isn't "real" loss, but I want that "not real" gain to GO AWAY.  :-)  I have a little over 4 pounds of it to lose before I'm back at my pre-plastic surgery weight.  Then another 5 pounds to get to my "normal" weight. 

Seeing as I lost 2 pounds last week and I've lost 2 pounds each the last two days, I really feel like I will get through the bloat part soon.  Then I will be able to see what Paleo is doing for me.  I just can't say, "eat paleo and you will lose 2 pounds a day!"  Ha!  Although I feel sure it isn't hurting.

Paleo

Speaking of Paleo...Day #2 is in the books and it was good.  I had my plastics follow up yesterday morning, so I was running later than normal.  I didn't eat my mini-quiches until almost 10am.  No morning snack necessary!  Around 1pm, I had another My Fit Foods prepared dinner.  This one was a Cobb Salad and it was great!  I mean it was just a salad, but it was a good one and the mustard-y dressing was really good.  I'm going back this weekend.  The meals aren't cheap, but they are delicious and satisfying and there is no waste.  It works for me!!

I haven't been really challenged with this yet, but I know it is coming.  And there is always a concern that I will be hungrier with my unfill and the hungrier I am, the worse my decisions become.  Only time will tell, but so far, so good.

Un-Fill

Today I got a 1cc unfill.  It isn't a ton, but it should allow me to eat most any type of food without getting stuck.  Although, no doubt extra hunger will come along with it. 

I went to my doc's office and the lobby was all atwitter with news that Hot Doc is moving to Oregon.  Dagnabbit.  Not only is he nice to look at, he is a super amazing aftercare physician.  I have gone to everyone at the practice and Hot Doc is head and shoulders above the rest (including my surgeon who I also like)  in his bedside manner and technique.  First time, every time. 

Hot Doc was training somebody new and things didn't seem to be going well.  Out of the 8 or so people that came out, only 1 said it was fine.  Everyone else was complaining about her "digging", one said that she was poked 3 times before Hot Doc had to take over and finish on the 4th try.  Yikes!  I went in and while we all talked about the Olympics, she went to task.  She felt around, but it was no issue whatsoever.  Maybe I just have a super awesome port!  :-) 

Anyway, now the true test comes.  Can I sustain a substantially Paleo diet and continue to lose weight without much band juice?  I'm very fortunate to have BFF who eats gluten free for health purposes...so there won't be a situation that she is going to be in front of me eating a giant burger or pasta dish (I'm not tempted by the gluten free kinds as much.)  So many people around me eat healthy naturally.  Even though sometimes it gets frustrating because it makes me feel bad when I want a giant piece of cake and they don't...that's my issue, not theirs.  And in the end, it is a positive influence and I give it a lot of credit for helping me change many of my habits.

Recovery

I washed the incision areas on my chest last night.  But I had a lot of little stitches that haven't dissolved yet, so I didn't feel like I could start the scar stuff yet.  I think it needs a few more days to get all the crusties off.  :-)  I am starting to get a little more comfortable in bed.  I still have to sleep on my back, but I can sleep with my arms above my head which helps.  I don't know why, but it does.

I ordered a couple of compression garments on-line.  I'm hoping they fit!  All of the women's ones I found were either long sleeved (not going to happen in 100 degree weather!) or too short-sleeved to have an effect.  Crossing my fingers!

It is all downhill to Friday!!

Hugs!





No comments: