Friday afternoon we did a little shopping. Not a lot, but I promised her I would take her to Chico's so we spent a couple of hours at the mall. I think only two things were purchased, so that's pretty good. Then we met BFF for dinner at an English restaurant.
Saturday we had a lazy morning but in the afternoon, BFF met up with us and we went to South Fork. Are you a Dallas fan? I never really watched so it didn't mean a ton to me, but my mom watched the 80s series AND watches the new one, so she really enjoyed it. It was mind-numbingly hot outside. After South Fork, we had an early dinner at Whiskey Cake which I was introduced to at a blogger meet-up. Delicious!! Then we went to Ikea. That place is nuts!!
Sunday we went to church and then out to breakfast. Then after a little rest, we went to see You're A Good Man, Charlie Brown put on by our local community theater. They did a really great job!! Too cute! After, we went to dinner at Pluckers. (You can see by now, I wasn't trying so hard with the "good" choices.)
Monday, after a lazy morning, we took a field trip to Trader Joe's. Now I visited one in Chicago, but since I wasn't at home, I really didn't get much. This time, I stocked up. WAAAAAYYYY to many snack foods. I'm not sure if I think it is a good thing that it is so far away or if I wish there was one closer so I wouldn't feel the need to buy ALL the food when I make a trip there. Last night I grilled pork loin and veggies (creminis, brussel sprouts, and cauliflower). Delish!
All in all, we had a nice weekend and I think my mom had a nice time.
Now...in my quest to make good choices, I would give myself a "C" for the weekend. Most of that is due to the fill I got earlier because I literally COULD NOT eat as much. Friday & Saturday, I feel like I made better choices for the most part. However, on Sunday and Monday, I did not make good choices hardly at all. Thank goodness for the fill. It got me though the weekend and this week with no gain. No loss...but no gain.
- I have 1.6 pounds to lose before I reward myself with some new tennis shoes, so my goal is to hit that this week.
- I will make good eating choices this week. (Side note: I ate a small horse yesterday and today I can barely get my SlimFast down. WTF? I know y'all feel me.) I have leftovers and plenty of good choices of food. I just have to make them and not fall into the trap of eating the snacks I bought over the weekend. (Maybe I can freeze some of them...)
- I will go to CrossFit W, Th, & F in order to hit my goal of going 3x per week.
- I need to get back into "running". You know I use that term loosely. But I need to get back to at least where I was before. I plan to run 1 mile at 5mph tomorrow at lunch. We will see how I do with that. I will walk the rest of the time for a total of 30 minutes.
- I will pick one organizing thing to do at home each day (see below.)
I have to organize the room first. Even if it is in clothes baskets/boxes/etc. Once everything is organized, I will earn my cabinet. My aggressive goal is to do that by Thanksgiving when my dad is coming for a visit and he can help me with it. That is 75 days away. There is absolutely no reason I can't meet that goal other than laziness. Time to get it done.