- Goal for the week - 1.6 pounds. That particular thing is not going well. I'm actually up a pound. I'm going to continue and push through and see if it is just water retention. If I actually end UP for the week, I'm going to have to do something else on the nutrition side...like logging. Booo.
- I still feel like I'm making decent choices, which is why I don't understand the gain. Maybe too many crackers? I don't know.
- I went to CrossFit this morning. 3 of 3. The three days in a row were tough, but doable. Next week, I would like to attempt M, T, W, & F because I think the week of Chicago, it might be tough to get in 3x. We shall see how it goes.
- I ran 4 x 400m today. It was SOOOOOOOOOO SLOOOOOOOOOOOW. But I pushed through.
- I reached my organizing goal yesterday of sorting through everything just outside the closet door. (I swear it doesn't look like a hoarder's place, but there are a lot of stacks.) Tonight, I would like to sort through what is on the desk. This is actually a big thing to tackle. Additionally, over the weekend, my homework is to address everything else in the room that is not on a shelf or in the closet.
It was my 100th class!! Our WOD was 5 rounds of a 400m run and 15 snatches. FIFTEEN is A LOT!! In looking at what I have done before, I had done a workout with 30 snatches and used 55#. There was no running that time, but I figure "what the hell". 55# is the lowest you can do without having to use the trainer weights and who wants to do that?? I'm a big girl. :)
The real catch came when Bach said that there was a 20 minute cutoff. Well, I knew that was going to be a problem because I figured it would take me around 15 minutes just to do the running part. But I gave it a go. The running is still going hard for me. I don't know what the problem is. I don't think it is mental, but maybe it is. I just feel like I'm wheezing from the start.
Anyway, as I came in from the 4th run, time was already up. I went ahead and finished the 4th set of snatches and finished in 23:30. So, the bad is that I didn't finish the WOD today. However, the good news is that I ran a mile and did 60 (SIXTY) snatches at 55#. I think that kicks a little ass.
Totally random. Last night I was dreaming that I was watching these two guys talk. Guy #1 was the lab technician at this medical/science lab and guy #2 was telling him that he needed to put in more security. G1 ignored him. Then it was night and I could see G2 breaking into the lab. G1 was there and caught him. G2 started to explain that he was doing it to show how easy it was to break in and why he needed more security. G1 looked at the door and said that the break-in looked like the work of...[insert name of some famous thief, I can't remember what it was but I knew that it was a famous thief]. As G1 said that, G2 said it with him and G1 realized that G2 actually WAS the famous thief right at the moment that G2 snapped G1's neck.
WTF? Seriously. WTF? This woke me up in a cold sweat at 3:30am and it took me about 30 minutes to get back to sleep. A. Where on earth did this come from? B. Why would it scare me? Crazy.
I was talking to my dad last night about my reward of an Ikea cabinet once I organize my spare room. He offered to MAKE one for me! I would just have to pay for the materials. My dad has always been in construction. In fact, he built a couple of different houses that we lived in while I was growing up. Furniture making isn't his specialty, but he can certainly make something that would be very functional and custom for me. YAY!! It will be cheaper and I can make it exactly how I want it. I just have to sketch it for him and give dimensions.
Now I just have to figure out what I want. I have an awesome dad. :-)