- Goal loss for the week - 1.8 pounds. And I...drum roll, please...GAINED 2 tenths of a pound. What the everloving f**k? I will circle back to this in a bit.
- Make good choices. I didn't eat for three days, so I wasn't able to make many choices at all. The weekend was a big fat bad choice all around.
- CrossFit - Goal 3, Actual 4. YAY!
- Try yoga. I went to yoga with Lizard on Monday and then I went myself on Sunday. YAY!!
- Organizing - I addressed everything in the closet. I think all that is left is to go through the books and come up with the sketch for my dad to build the cabinets.
I'm not sure what to do here. I mean I KNOW what to do. I apparently just don't want to do it. I know that today, I feel 100x better than I did two Mondays ago. The commitment to CrossFit is making my body stronger and it just feels good. I have gained two pounds in those two weeks, but I don't feel like I have...if that makes sense.
I'm a little concerned that I'm letting the scale control me. I think I'm going to not keep track of my weight the rest of the month. I need to focus on the habits, not the weight. Usually I don't let the scale dictate decisions, but I'm not going to lie...right now I just want to eat cake. ALL the cake! But I won't.
I will say that I'm proud of myself for not panicking Wed-Fri when I was having band trouble. Now I have no idea if it was the weather or what, but I was fine on Tuesday, then BAM Wednesday I couldn't eat. I was actually patient for once and it worked itself out.
I honestly thought that the choices I made would have put me at a loss for the week. And they didn't. I don't know if not weighing will help me stick to better choices, but I guess I can give it a shot.
This week feels too much like I just want to say NEVER MIND. But I know I don't want that. I will focus on fitness and let the nutrition catch up.
This is actually where the title comes in. Yesterday after yoga, I felt nauseated. I don't know if I'm just not used to it or if it was a reaction from the SEVEN mosquito bites I got (
BUT...I packed my bag and got everything ready as though I was going to go. I told myself that if I didn't, it would be just fine. But since I was prepared, I went and I'm SO glad I did.
We did squat balances today. Any time I have the barbell over my head, I think it is difficult. I did 3 rounds of 5 reps with just the bar (35#), 3 rounds of 3 reps with 45#, and 3 rounds of 1 rep with 55#.
Sometimes I don't give enough credit to myself when we don't have big cardio days (like today). But here is what we did for a warm up...which is pretty typical:
- 400m run
- 10 arm circles each way
- 10 trunk twists each way
- 10 push ups
- 5 inch worms
- 40 high knees
- 40 butt kicks
- 25 jumping jacks
- 10 air squats
I liked yoga and I think the stretching will really help me. I'm going to try to go, but Sundays are hit and miss. I won't be able to even try it again until October.
It is amazing what you can get done when you do a little at a time. I have really been ignoring this room and in two weeks, I will have it completely sorted without feeling like I took up too much time. YAY!!
I think that I'm going to try and stick with this type of goal. Let's see how much I can accomplish before I get tired of it!
- No weight goal for the week.
- Make good choices. This is always going to be a goal for me. Sometimes I'm just better at it than others.
- CrossFit - 3x
- Other fitness - 1x (If I do anything while I'm traveling, it is bonus!)
- Organizing - I want to finish the sketch for my dad and one shelf of books tonight. I have a play tomorrow night and my first Citizen's Fire Academy on Thursday, so I really only have tonight and Wednesday...plus I need to pack. So if I get 4 shelves and the sketch done, I will be happy.