- At Jazzercise, I do mostly high impact these days (I used to have to modify to do low impact because my feet hurt too much). However, one thing I always kept low impact was when I would have to hop on one leg (to kick or something.) Last night, I crossed that barrier. I was able to bounce during those steps, keep my balance and not hurt my feet. YAY! Now, I think the only thing I have left (as far as bouncing/jumping) is when I lunge or do hips side to side. Maybe next week. :)
- During yoga this morning, several of the routines have the same move during warm up. While kneeling (butt down on the back of calves), you clasp your hands behind you. Then keeping your hands clasped, you lean forward, putting your forehead on the floor and raise your arms behind you. Always before, I had to unclasp my hands, put my forehead on the floor, then reclasp my hands. I was afraid that I was going to faceplant on the floor. However, my core muscles are much stronger now and I was able to control the movement. YAY!! I was able to do every move in the routine as shown. It's not a super challenging show (Namaste Yoga on Discovery Health & Fitness), but I'm getting there!
- When I'm lying down, I can feel my hipbone. That used to be hidden under a whole lot of layers, but now it protrudes a bit. And there is an indention under the hips where my legs start. Instead of being round, I'm developing curves.
- As I mentioned in one of my pictures not too long ago, I have discovered that I have a neck and collarbones!
- My new haircut has made my eyes more noticeable. I never thought they were anything special but now they are one of my favorite features.
- My calves look positively tiny (for me). I have always had a smaller core body and larger extremeties. Although my thighs and upper arms are still problem areas, my calves are looking so much better. I think the running and Jazzercising are making such a difference with them.
- Right below my ribs and above my stomach, my body dips in. I'm coming very close to having some abs people. They are still buried down there, but they are fighting to get out!! :)
Happy April Fools Day! And Go Rangers!!