Friday was a super busy work day. Just one of those days that it was nose to the grindstone from start to finish. I think more days are going to be like that for a while. We are ramping up (YAY!) and our Accounting Manager just had a baby and will be out for 3 months. I'm very excited for her, but several of us will be covering for her while we take on new duties. Better than the alternative, right? Don't let me kid you, I love being busy.
Usually I am filling time on a Friday afternoon, but instead, I barely made it out by 5:20. Jazzercise starts at 5:30, but I booked it as fast as I could and I got in there mid-2nd song. Not bad!! I did the 30 minute Express class, then stayed for the Ballet Body class after. It was a really interesting class. My arms which had done a bunch of push presses that morning screamed at me. :) But I made it through! My calves are still sore today. Wow!!
Saturday morning, I got up and went to pick up my basket from the food co-op. I wish I would have taken a picture, but here was what we got:
- 10 Bananas
- 2 containers of Blueberries
- 1 Pineapple
- 10 Apples
- 9 Oranges
- 4 Cucumbers
- 1 bunch of Green Onions
- 1 bunch of Asparagus
- 9 Poblano Peppers
- 1 bunch of Carrots
- 15 small red/yellow/orange Bell Peppers
- 1 head of Leafy Lettuce
Sunday I did chores around the apartment, went to the store and cooked. I made two different meals for BFF & I to share over the week. In the crock pot, I made pot roast, potatoes, carrots, poblanos and green peppers. The French Onion Soup mix I have isn't gluten free, but I did have some GF Cream of Mushroom soup, so I put that in there with lots of garlic, minced onions, salt and pepper.
In the rice cooker, I made rice with chicken, salsa, lots of peppers, cheese, and green onions. I packed up the rice for leftovers and made some broiled asparagus to serve with the pot roast. It was all pretty good for not having a recipe! And both of us have leftovers for the whole week. I also made some vinegar cucumbers for lunch today!
BFF came over and we watched Game Change and had dinner. All in all, it was a nice relaxing weekend.
- I will wear my Fitbit everyday. Check! (7 for 7)
- I will log my food everyday. Check! (7 for 7)
- I will work out at least 5 times. Check! (6 times and if you consider Ballet Body a separate class from the Express Jazzercise class, then 7 times!)
- I will drink at least 2 of my big bottles of water per day. Eh. (I would say 5, possibly 6 for 7 on this one)
So, what am I going to do? Here are this weeks intentions:
- Wear Fitbit everyday.
- Log food everyday.
- Workout 5-7 times.
- Drink at least 68 ounces of WATER everyday.
- Replace weekday snacks with fruit.
- No chips and queso this week. (This is typically only a problem on the weekend.)
I lost 2 tenths of a pound this week and that is just silly. When you consider how much I work out, I just take in too many calories. This is not the volume issue that made me balloon up to almost 300 pounds. I don't need to eat that much anymore. This is just making poor choices and making excuses to justify those poor choices.
Now that I have a routine of logging and tracking, it is time to change up the choices. Today's meal plan:
- Breakfast: oatmeal
- AM Snack: banana
- Lunch: leftover pot roast
- 2nd Lunch (I have found this works better for me): cucumbers and granola bar (if needed)
- PM Snack: apple
- Dinner: mexican rice
- Late Snack: pot roast (if needed)