Friday, June 21, 2013

Friday!!

I had forgotten what it was like not to be hungry all the time.  For the last year, I have had a very loose band, subconsciously thinking I will "do it on my own."  The first 35 years of my life should have told me I couldn't.  Anyway, during that time, I wasn't hungry 100% of the time like I was pre-banding, but functioning with normal portions was just damn near impossible, it seemed.

This fill was the first time in a really long time, where I got some satisfaction.  I was slightly concerned that I would be too tight, but as time progresses (and I remain somewhat patient), I think it will be fine.  I got hungry this morning, but after getting up, working out for an hour, driving to work, getting ready and having coffee...I SHOULD be hungry.  That is normal.  I don't expect to never be hungry, but when you eat a "normal" portion and you are hungry in an hour, it is really hard to watch your calories.

So, yay.

I do think I'm getting a bit dehydrated, so I'm trying to be conscious of that today.  Water, water, water.

CrossFit was a beating today.  I worked hard, but I didn't do very well.  We did back squats...20 of them...in a row.  Yeesh, that was hard.  My last 5-7 were crap form, but I got them done, so whatevs.  I was at 125# which is pretty damn heavy when you are squatting 20 times.  20 times is A LOT in case I haven't made that clear.

Then we did Presses.  I like Presses.  But I really struggled this morning.  We were supposed to do 5 sets of 5.  I did 2 sets of 5, then 4, then 3.  I didn't even get to the last set because we ran out of time.  I was disappointed until I realized that I had gone up 10# from last time instead of 5#.  For a Press, that is ridiculous.  Now I'm mad and I want to try it again.  Oh well.

At the end, we were supposed to do 150 Double Unders & 150 Situps.  (A double under is one jump, two passes of the jump rope.)  I can't do double unders, so the scale was to do 3:1 singles.  That meant 450 jumps.  Damn.  I got to about 375 and then I just had to stop and move to the situps.  I did my situps and finished in 16:06.  It was ugly. 

But I went and I did it.  Next week I will do better.

Just a week and a half into my challenge and I'm seeing a difference.  Definitely losing the bloat which is nice.  I'm frustrated that I let myself gain so many extra pounds before getting into gear, but I did, so what's done is done.  Boy, I sound cranky or down today.  I'm really not.  In fact, I'm in a really good mood and excited for the weekend.

Have a good weekend!  I hope I have good news for you on Monday!

Hugs!

8 comments:

Lap Band Gal said...

Holy shmoly! That's a kick ass workout! :) awesome sauce!

Read said...

I agree - total kick ass - but more than that - sometimes our body's just aren't as up and ready for working out as they normally are. Don't worry about it. It's fantastic you went and did it - just concentrate on that!

Sandy said...

I'm n the same boat. After flying a few weeks ago my band tightened up. I'm down 8 lbs in a month. Have to relearn all those band rules, esp. Not taking that extra bite. But it's a good thing. Reminds me that the band is there to help us not hinder us. I had gained 14 lbs and now only have 5 to go to get back under 170. WooHoo for actually listening and working the band. You are doing amazing and will continue to do so.

Laura Belle said...

You're a badass.

That is all.

KajunDee said...

Wow,great workout !

♥ Drazil ♥ said...

So glad you're feeling great! You go girl!

speck said...

Great insight Beth.

I'm like you, I couldn't do it for 48 years why in the hades think I can do it now!

And I completely relate to the water. Girl it takes an act of congress for me to drink anything. But I'm trying and thanks for the reminder.

FitBy40 said...

Doesn't it feel good to be back at it again? Good for you.
I too fear the hungries since my band is almost completely empty right now. After I recover from gallbladder surgery I know I'll struggle with eating. Ugh, the never ending struggles!