Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Mini-goal Reached

I got on the scale this morning and even though it is not official weigh in day, I reached one of the mini goals I have set for myself. 

In late February, I got on the scale and was distraught at the number I saw.  I had managed to gain 7 pounds since coming back from the Olympics and that was on top of the 10 pounds I had gained after plastic surgery which was on top of the 10 pounds I gained from my lowest.  I was so upset so I decided to join Weight Watchers. 

The problem was that after a week, I didn't really DO Weight Watchers.  I pretty much just buried my head in the sand and didn't want to face the problem.  Unfortunately, I did that for about 3 1/2 months and managed to gain another 7 pounds.  The sad fact is that if I am not actively working on maintaining my weight, I'm going gain.  I have found that I do a better job of maintaining when my plan is to maintain than when my plan is to lose.  It is a bit mindboggling.

Well, anyway...I have managed to get through that bit of weight I gained after joining Weight Watchers and I'm again going steadily in the right direction.  The key for me will be to stick with it.  Right now I feel in control and right now I feel it is doable.  That is a good feeling.

My next mini goal is 1.8 pounds away and that will put me at my lowest weight this year.  Once I get to that point, I will really feel like I'm getting somewhere. 

Hugs!

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Good for you :) You can do it!

FitBy40 said...

Are you starting to feel 'yourself' again? I find I don't like it when I have a gain, and start to feel normal again as it comes off (She types as she stuffs her face with mashed potatoes!).
Great job on the loss.
Keep it up!

Barbara said...

ITs an interesting method to read. but if its working for you .. GO FOR IT!!! keep up the good work and I hope you hit that mini goal

Cat said...

So proud of you Hero. I'm in the exact same boat. I have been breaking goals down into little managable chunks and it's helpful to have that progress and forward motion. /heart u