Let's recap, shall we? I got my LapBand in January 2010.
Through the first 11 months, I lost 79 pounds. Woohoo!!
During the 5 months after that, I lost another 16 pounds for a total of 95 pounds. And boy, did I look great! And I felt great too!
I went up and down, but basically maintained that weight for another year. I started CrossFit and working out a lot along with eating healthy and I felt so pretty and just fantastic overall!
Then in May 2012, I decided to have plastic surgery to fix my wiggly arms and my draggy boobs. I stopped exercising (because of the recovery) and then immediately went on the BEST TRIP EVER to the Olympics.
By the time I got back from my trip and decided to get back into reality, I had gained 19 pounds. Wow. That's no joke. Time to get it together. Except since then, I have gained another 7 pounds. Sigh.
I do NOT regret having the surgery or going on that amazing trip. However, I learned a lot about myself and will make different choices in the future regarding recovery and travel. What's done is done.
I do want to mention that I still feel good about myself. Forgive me for losing battles with Blogger and pictures...but this tilted picture is how I look today. This is actually me yesterday after shopping for a dress to wear for my birthday party. What I'm fighting for now is to feel better while I'm working out (the extra pounds has made it A LOT tougher) and to just feel comfortable in my own skin. There for a while I really felt good and I want that back.
I turn 39 on Friday and I realized that the time is now. I stole some inspiration from a friend who vowed to lose 40 pounds by her 40th birthday and she is kicking all sorts of ass! I decided that I was going to shoot for that too. I went back and looked at what made me successful in the beginning and realized that for 9 months, I did almost everything right. And then for another 6 months, I did most things right. I finally came to the realization that nothing I am doing now is really living like I want to lose weight.
I will enjoy my birthday weekend and then next week this goes into effect:
- One quick rule to say that there is no going off the rails this week. No use in gaining 5 pounds that I would just have to lose again. Normal rules apply this week.
- No bread. I didn't eat bread for the first 9 months of my journey and ate it VERY moderately after that until mid-2013 which is when I started gaining weight. Bread is my gateway food and it must stop.
- Limited alcohol. No beer. No calorie mixers only. Limited to 2 drinks per week.
- Log food and exercise through WW or Fitbit.
- Work out. CrossFit 3x, Something else 3x. Every week.
- Blog again. It is one of the ways I'm most accountable to myself.
Some things I'm doing to motivate myself:
- I ordered some 4x6's of pictures of me at my lowest weight and I plan to put them around (my desk at work, my refrigerator, my car...) places I might need a reminder for what I'm doing.
- I'm going to go back and read my blog from the beginning to remind myself how far I have come and how I WILL NOT let myself ever get back in that position. And also to remember what I had to sacrifice to be successful and how it was hard, but worth it in the end.
- For every five pounds I lose, I get a reward. I don't know what yet.
I will lose 40 pounds before my next birthday. And THAT journey commences on June 10, 2013.