Ladybug

Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Taking Challenges One by One

Checking In



I want to start taking a quick moment each day to determine if I have "paid my rent" so to speak. My blog is here to keep me accountable, but sometimes what happens after blogging gets a little lost and I don't always face it head on.

I at least get to start on a good note. Yesterday was full of good choices. I mentioned yesterday that I ran even though I had to do it inside on the treadmill. For dinner, we went to a new place and I got the pan-seared sea scallops with kale and a carrot puree. BFF got the same thing and had a severe issue with the portion size. I totally get it, but for my purposes, it worked perfectly (albeit a little expensively). I did have a small deviled egg as well, but no drink and only one bite of dessert!

After dinner we went to the Maroon 5 concert and I have to give a shout out to the slightly annoying girls that stood in front of us the whole time because they gave me an excuse to stand almost the whole concert and dance! I got over 20k steps yesterday. Woohoo!

Yesterday could have been a total mess, but I made good choices and turned it into a positive. It is a good feeling and I need to remember this.

Food

Breakfast - When BFF & I drive together, we always stop at Starbucks on the way to work. I always get a Venti Latte. Since we are probably driving together 3 days this week, I changed to a Tall Nonfat Latte. BFF almost had a heart attack. If I want more coffee, I will have the regular stuff here at work. I can't stress what a big win this is. I will have my Breakfast Mini Frittatas later.

Lunch - BFF's leftover chicken & sausage bake with quinoa mac and cheese. BFF gave me the recipes and when I plugged it into My Fitness Pal, they are way too many calories, so I'm going to have to be satisfied with 1/2 a portion.

Snack - I have a training class this afternoon and as boring as it will be, I will be in a place that can help me not snack. Plus, I'm not working out tonight, so there is no real need for a snack. I will take an emergency apple.

Dinner - Okay, we are going out again. I'm trying to decide between (1.) the wild boar meatballs over smooth black beans appetizer, (2.) Salad with turkey breast, lettuce, grapes, bacon, blue cheese, nutty croutons, cider vinaigrette, (3.) wood grilled turkey sandwich without the bread (although I think it comes with potato chips but I could probably sub the seasonal green vegetable), or (4.) wood grilled pork chop with the seasonal green vegetable. What do you think? No drinking, no appetizer, no dessert.

Fitness

Since I have a class this afternoon and a show tonight, there will be no workouts today. Yikes!

Fashion

Last night's concert outfit. The pants came from Gwynnie. You can't see them well, but they are a cammo print. Why yes that is an AAC bathroom. Classy!



Today's Gwynnie Bee dress. My favorite color.


Remember when I said I splurged one night and bought a new purse? Well it is on the shelf until I meet a few goals, but at the same time I got something a little less expensive and I get to use it today.



 Now that I have a clear goal of losing weight that correspond with decreasing my foot pain, it feels like I'm re-inspired. I know that motivation is a precious commodity and I will work to use it to my advantage for as long as possible.

I will leave you with this...


Hugs!


4 comments:

Amy W. said...

Remind me why you stopped crossfitting? Was it because of your foot?

Jen said...

Love all your posts and the Gwynnie Bee stuff. I get GB as well, but for some reason, your stuff is way cuter than mine!! And you must get it way faster than i do!
Way to go on the 20K steps.. dancing is the best way to get the steps!

~Miss Lorie~ said...

Wild boar meatballs.... :)
Love the GB posts.

Pamela E. Williams said...

You look AWESOME!!! I have to get back on the wagon because I fell so far off of it. The quinoa mac and cheese sounds interesting and now you have me craving pan-seared sea scallops,