Ladybug

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

BACK in business.

Back

I went to the chiropractor at lunch yesterday.  He said I was perfect!  Well, he said my spine is perfect, but I will take it.  Apparently, I have a very straight spine and even hips.  Good to know.  No arthritis, no degeneration, no nothing.  So, the issues I'm having are muscular and should go away with a little bit of treatment and TLC.  YAY!!

Yoga

I woke up for yoga this morning, but decided that it with my back hurting still, it would be silly to do morning yoga.  I decided to move this particular activity to next week.  That said, I think it WOULD be beneficial to do evening yoga, epecially on nights I don't Jazzercise.  Like tonight.  Hmmm...I will let you know how that turns out.

Tracking

It is AMAZING the difference a day of tracking my food makes.  I feel so much more in control!  Technically, I allow myself anything I want to eat, it just has to fit into the calories for the day.  It really works for me.  So, where I have been eating several pieces of chocolate after dinner each night, last night I had a junior sugar daddy and one piece of chocolate because that is what fit into my calorie schedule.  I didn't feel deprived, but I feel in control. 

I'm shooting for an 800 calorie deficit each day, so I would like to burn 2400 and consume 1600.  Yesterday, I ended up burning 2546 and consuming 1575 for a deficit of 971.  Good day!  Now I just have to string MANY of these kinds of days together.  :)  Century Club...here I come!!  (I still have to work off some of the chocolate bloat from the weekend though...)

Cheese

I LOVE cheese.  I purchased some cheese at the store this weekend, but since I usually shop at Target, it wasn't anything that exotic.  I had a cheese & cracker selection for dinner last night that included smoked cheddar (not my favorite), harvarti, semisoft goat cheese, & gouda.  It was delicious!  But I want some good, stinky cheese.  My problem is that I don't know what kinds to get.  I go to a place with a big selection like Central Market and I just don't know.  Any of you love cheese and can give me some pointers?  I tend to like the softer stuff as opposed to the really hard.  And I noticed last night that I enjoyed the sweet flavor of the goat cheese a lot...much more than the smoky flavor of the cheddar.  Anyway, if you have any suggestions, let me know!

Hugs!

8 comments:

Cat said...

Good for you on your tracking and feeling in control!!

As for cheese, have you tried the Dubliner cheese? it's Kerry Gold and it's an Irish combination of cheddar and actually parmesan. it's a firm cheese like cheddar but it's delish.

Lap Band Gal said...

Way to get back on track! :) I like that you are tracking your intake. it's the super secret key to success with the band!

Amanda said...

goat cheese with a little bit of really nice honey is a fabulous taste. Even better with a few nuts.

I am not great at picking out stinky cheese. I will try anything but am a bit intimidated in buying! I like cheddars! But I do love soft and semi soft white cheese.

I love cheese.

Things are good for ya! Keep it up!

Fluffy said...

Glad to hear it's just muscular! Good for you for listening to your body and giving it a chance to heal. Central Market and Whole foods - if you can get by there on a weekend, they have people during the day that really know their stuff. And, my experience was I would also get to try some first. Love me some cheese too! Let me know if you have any free time this month to get together. : )

Stephanie M. said...

Goat cheese is my faaaaaaaaavorite! Just ask for some chevre and you can't go wrong. Humboldt Fog is a stronger, slightly stinky goat cheese - delicious, but I don't care for the rind even though it's supposedly edible. I also love butterkasse (very mild and buttery) but I believe that is a cow's milk cheese.

Pamela E. Williams said...

I'm not a cheese connoisseur but I love the stuff. Have you tried Blue Cheese. It's soft and has that stinky smell, but boy is it good. I'm sure you have though. I don't know what it would be like on crackers. I just eat it in my salads.

Good for you on the tracking. I am so lousy at it. Although I watch what I eat.

♥ Drazil ♥ said...

Any kind of cheese works in my opinion. So happy for your back...you are kicking ass girl.

Steph said...

Cheese is food from the gods. i don't care what kind it is: brie, gouda, fresh buffalo mozzerella, doesn't matter. I just love cheese and you just flung a craving on me here at the office :) Glad you are doing so well and yes, tracking does help quite a bit!!