Ladybug

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Super fun night!

I have 10 minutes before I go to yet another training on yet another day...!  I'm behind on reading blogs, answering emails, work, life, BUT I'm going to blog.  It's what keeps me going!

Last night was a blast!!  The Spiral Diner (vegan) was FAN-FREAKING-TASTIC!  I had a coconut limeade to drink and with a little rum it would have been perfect.  :)  We started with some hummus and tortilla chips which was delicious.  BFF & I shared the nachos for dinner.  BEST nachos I've every had.  Seriously!  The toppings were and in-house made vegan cheese, quinoa, black olives, corn, "taco meat", guacamole, vegan sour cream and probably something I'm forgetting.  I couldn't believe how much I loved it!!

Then BFF & I went to see Rock of Ages.  Cheesy spectacularness!!  The music was fun, the cast was great and the storyline was pure Velveeta.  Perfect!!  Constantine was excellent in his role.  I had no expectations but I thought he did a really great job.  If you like musicals and/or 80s hair band music, you should totally see it!  :)

It will be nice to get back to Jazzercise tonight.  Two days off and I'm starting to get used to it. 

Hugs!!

11 comments:

Leslie said...

I love Constantine, I would really love to see him in Rock of Ages!

Mmmmm nachos!

Dawnya said...

I just want to know what the "taco meat" was made of.

Laura Belle said...

Those nachos sound deee-lish! (well except for the 'taco meat' part, that just sounds a little scary.)

Amanda said...

Okay! I will see it! Soon I hope!

I have been to some spectacular vegan resturants so I had no doubt you'd love it!

Have fun jazzercising!

Kerri said...

Oh...so this is why you have ignored my email!!! That vegan dinner sounds DELISH!!!

Cat said...

Love love 80s hair bands!! I will definately check this out.

Rhonda said...

Hmm, I might have to google this and go check it out while it's in the Dallas area... unless it's already gone.

"Taco meat." Chuckle.

Fluffy said...

Glad you had a great time! My vegan friend swears Spiral Diner is the best in town! I'm going to tell her you liked it. She loves hearing about non-vegans going. : )

Liz said...

Rock of Ages is soo much fun, I've seen it twice on B'way (once with Constantine), and it was a blast. I love it!

tagyourit said...

I'm afraid of the "taco meat" too!

The Cozy (not crazy) Coconut said...

OOOH, The coconut limeaid is right up MY alley! :) Thanks for the kind comment on my blog. It means a lot to feel heard and encouraged! Glad you had a great night! And thanks again!