Ladybug

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Chillaxin'

I was scheduled for a fill today or at least to talk to the doc about whether I needed a fill.  I was tight all day yesterday and woke up this morning gurgling.  I weighed and I was even down a few tenths.  I think my Grandma (who I talk with in heaven a lot...if that's crazy, whatever) was giving me a sign that tightness/looseness isn't my issue.  So I cancelled.

I talked to my mom this morning and told her that I was going to relax a bit.  I have working at this for over a year and I have to accept that either I get on it or the weight loss is going to slow down.  For over a year, I gave up a lot of things, like eating what my friends ate or going somewhere that I thought would be a trigger, etc.  Over a year later, I'm the smallest as I've ever been and I'm ready to be more social and do more things.  Today, it is more important to me to go out to dinner with my friends instead of working out, for example.  And I think that's okay...I just have to realize that if I don't work at it as much, I won't lose weight as much. 

A month or so, I got sick and was dehydrated and I think that showed false numbers on my weightloss.  This month will be the first month (outside of when I was deflated) that I will gain weight.  Even though I KNOW it is because of the timing of that sickness, I realize now that it still depressed me a bit.  But now that I know that, I can move on. 

Debi said that she wanted to do a mini-challenge, kind of hard core (I believe her words were "balls to the wall") for a short period in June and invited me to join her.  She is doing 2 weeks, but I am doing 10 days.  10 days of doing perfectly what the best dieter in the world should do...well, I do have to live my life in there, but you know what I mean.  It starts on 6/13 and I will keep you updated. 

I'm going to see 9 to 5, The Musical with my friend ShareBear tonight.  Not sure where we are going to dinner but she will pick something great, I know!  I love theater nights. 

Hugs!

8 comments:

Cat said...

This is such a great post, I feel for you about the discouraging weight loss numbers, but honestly LIVING our life is what this journey is about for each of us. I read something this morning on Stephanie M (Electric Lady Band) about "soul" weight rather than goal weight. If we can be happy with the scale number and still LIVIN our life, that's what to shoot for, rather than a goal number. : ) enjoy your day.

Leslie said...

I think this is what most of us need to do, realize how to live with our band and weight loss rate while still LIVING. It's great to sacrafice to make the weight loss start but it's not realistic that you would never go out to eat again or things like that.

Love this post!

Laura Belle said...

Totally cool to just relax! Everyone needs a little down time. God knows I definitely take my share!

Go out...Have fun...And ENJOY!

wannabe former fatgirl said...

Social? what's social? lol have fun at your musical :)

Dawnya said...

I so need to move to the Dallas/Ft. Worth area, because I love theatre. You have been going to some pretty awesome stuff lately.

Living your life is what is important. You are at a place where you feel it is time. You are the master of your own destiny.

Keep doing what makes Beth Ann happy.

Kerri said...

Girl...you still gotta LIVE!!!! Have fun, be social!!! HUGS!!!

Debi said...

That is correct, I did say Balls To The Wall! I want to be firmly planted in the 170's by the end of that 2 weeks. :)

I am so proud of you my friend!

Rhonda said...

I'm so glad you're working in a social life, I think that's what some people mess up on - still having fun! :) You're gonna kick that 10 days' butt!