Ladybug

Monday, May 23, 2011

I'm doing fine.

Fine
-adverb,  Informal . in an excellent manner; very well

This is what fine ACTUALLY means.  In my office, "fine" means something very different.  When one of us says, "it's fine" or "they're fine", what we really mean is that "they are doing the minimum amount required by the agreement/scope of work/job description so I can't officially complain, but I'm disappointed in them because they can do better." 

So, I'm fine. 

Food:  Obviously still my issue.  I noticed this weekend that I'm able to eat a whole lot and I get hungry quickly.  But I also have a little heart burn every once in a while.  I decided that I will go see the doc and have a talk about what to do and go from there.  I have limited my chocolate and that really helped on that side of things.  But my problem now is volume.  I will work on it and get an expert opinion and go from there.

Exercise:  I'm doing okay.  (or Fine.  Heh.)  I'm doing my normal 3 days a week Jazzercise which is what a "normal" person might do.  But without the lunch work outs and extra stuff I do, I just don't lose.  I told the President of my company that I wanted a running coach and he said that he "might be able to help with that".  I'm not sure whether to be excited or terrified!  :)

I got a little frustrated this weekend.  We went to Granbury for the afternoon which is a little town that has a downtown cluster of fun shops.  We had lunch and did some wine tasting and shopped around.  I tried on several things at a couple of boutiques.  EVERY SINGLE ITEM was too small.  I tried the biggest size in every situation whether it be a L or XL and not one of them fit.  My BFF tried to make me feel better telling me that things didn't fit her either.  [Sidebar:  I don't care if you are a size 0 or a size 20, if you try on something in "your" size and it is too small, it sucks.  It makes you feel bad and that is no fun.]  The difference for me is that I can't just suck it up and go get the bigger size...there is no bigger size.  I have lost over 90 pounds, wear size 12 dresses and jeans and I could not fit into ANYTHING in those two stores.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not depressed about it or anything...I'm just annoyed.  And it makes me realize that there are many reasons that I don't want to be "done" yet.

I know I'm sort of all over the place today and I'm sorry about that.  I'm busy and I'm behind on everything and I'm not thinking cohesively.  It will all work out eventually though.

I should know this week what tickets we will get for the 2012 London Olympics.  My fingers are tightly crossed!!!

Hugs!

10 comments:

Cat said...

Hee hee, my definition of FINE is something a little different. It basically means that someone is having a bad day.

F - F'd Up
I - Insecure
N - Neurotic
E - Emotional

Hee, I hardly ever describe myself as fine because of that acronym.

I completely understand feeling irritation about the boutique stores. I cannot wait for the day when I can find something cute in every shop I go into. We'll both get there!!

Amanda said...

I am FINE today too.

My weekend left me feeling defeated as well! But today is a new day. I woke up and exercised and we'll see!

But you look really good, Beth! Really really good!

Leslie said...

I'm having one of those FINE days today too. It sucks. I don't know why either because my weekend was good. Blah.

I think the sizing of clothes is ridiculous. Nothing in uniform anymore, every brand is different and it's super frustrating!

Pamela E. Williams said...

I guess your post describes a lot of people's day today.

Laura Belle said...

I agree with the sizes. I have an absolute horrible time trying to find jeans. #1: It's like the manufacturers of the cloths think that all women are straight and narrow with no hips or butt. #2. I have to by a size 12 sometimes just to fit my family inherited large caboose in them. Then another store I'm buying a size 8! WTF is up with that?!

I'm glad your back, I miss you posting all the time!

Sarah said...

Beth, I think that we all have days that we go shopping and NOTHING fits. Specialty shops are especially bad. I get it. And you're right; it DOES suck! Hopefully your next trip will be extra fabulous!

As for being "fine", have you thought about switching up your workouts to something different to keep it fresh? Maybe kickboxing?! OOooo! That might be FUN! :)

xoxo
Sarah

Debi said...

Hang in there my friend!

I totally feel your pain on the clothing front. It is super frustrating how sizes are different depending on the store. Plus all the "vanity sizing" doesn't help.

I'm glad you aren't ready to stop yet, because I'm not either and I need you in order to keep myself going :)

Kerri said...

Girl....you are F-I-N-E!!! You may not feel like it but you are soooo dang inspiring especially in that pic of you from the 5k. Just know, even on your "fine" days....you are an inspiration to me!!!!

Rhonda said...

I'm having a "fine" day so far as well. Wish it was a great one! :) Those shops sound crazy, ME at a size 18 can usually fit into XL or even sometimes L shirts. :/ Maybe boutiques are different because they're not mass produced, but that's just weird! Screw Granbury! LOL

Tori said...

Well you are gorgeous so those shops can just cram it with walnuts!