Ladybug

Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Food, Fitness, Fashion and Fat Questions

(I assume I will get tired of these titles eventually. :-) )

Food

I know I talked about my Fish Chowder yesterday, but holy toledo, it was even better the next day. You can find the recipe I used here. I didn't work that hard on the stock part. I sauteed onions, carrots, garlic, and the spices along with some dried peppers. When they were cooked a bit, I just added some seafood stock and chicken stock and brought to a boil. I strained and used for the stock. I mostly followed the rest of the recipe. It is super awesome.

My dinner was great too. I love sweet potatoes and eggs. I sauteed some ham and onions, added the sweet potatoes I cooked this weekend and some mushrooms and grape tomotoes until everything was cooked. Then I transfered it all to a bowl while I cooked two eggs over medium, topped the veggie mixture and added a spoonful of goat cheese crumbled. Yummilicious!

Today I could not be structured, but so far so good. Slimfast and coffee for breakfast. We had a work meeting for lunch. I had a lunchmeat and cheese roll up, a couple bites of chicken salad, a couple bites of pasta salad, a serving (12 chips) of chips and salsa and some fruit for dessert. I actually ate the chips and salsa for my snack. Tonight we are going to our monthly girls dinner and the restaurant is a health focused farm to table. I think I should do okay!

Fitness

Yesterday was great! I walked while listening to an episode of Serial at lunch. After work, I met Debi for yoga and this was the best class yet! No fitness today, but right back at it tomorrow.

Fashion

I took a bit of a risk today. I have had a Gwynnie dress for a few weeks now but it was so dressy and I didn't have anywhere to wear it. Finally today I put it on with a denim jacket and tall boots. I added some understated jewlery and honestly, I think it really worked!

I feel super good today!

Fat Questions

I read this article today and was slightly fascinated by it. I was interested to see what you all thought. I agree with the basic premise. There is so much fat shaming in our society today, it is almost overwhelming. We KNOW we are fat. I think it would be cyclical. People would be more supportive and pressure would lift, sure... But many times, when you fake it, you make it. So it is possible that if people were to fake support that they didn't necessarily feel, eventually they would just be supportive.

Just my two cents.

Also, I read this today and it resonated with me.


#6 really struck home. I started to get a little jealous of a friend last night and then realized I was being an asshole. I should celebrate friend's successes and be happy for and proud of them. All of these things are how I strive to behave.

Hugs!

1 comment:

Rhonda said...

Love the denim jacket, I need one of those.

Also, your meals lately sound amazing!