Ladybug

Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Food, Fitness, Fashion...and Fault lines?

Food

I had another successful day! I ate the exact same thing as Monday and worked out perfectly. Today I will do the same.

I did reach my first mini goal which was unbelievably mini... I had 1.4 lbs of holiday bloat (which actually has to be some sort of record low) to lose and I did that this morning. YAY! My next mini goal is to lose 5 pounds. I don't have a timeline necessarily, just the goal of staying on track with my good choices.

Fitness

I mentioned my run/walk yesterday. Today I'm going to walk (no running) at lunch today while I listen to another episode of Serial. Then I will go to my first Fire yoga class tonight. I'm skerred! :-) But I'm also excited. I know I can do it. Baby steps.

Fashion

No Gwynnie Bee today. The two dresses I currently have at home are too dressy for this week and I'm waiting on my next shipment. Today's outfit was inspired by the need to keep warm. I'm not a fan of jeans at work for a few reasons. First, I don't find them all that comfortable. I think a dress or leggings beat them in that category hands down. Plus, I feel more powerful (internally) when I'm dressed more professionally. But nothing much is going on this week and they sure do win in the warmth category.
The sweater I got at the Banana Republic outlet during one of my marathon shopping sessions with mom. What you can't see are the cute IU socks I bought myself for Christmas...
 
I feel like I should be going to a game. Though with their sad performance the other night against MSU, I'm concerned it is going to be a tough and long season. But maybe it was just a super bad night. We will see.

Fault lines?

Or should I say "Fracking?"? I live in the Dallas area and we have had over 20 earthquakes in the last 24 hours. It has been crazy! None of them have been bigger than a magnitude 3.6 but I work on the 18th floor of a 22 floor building within a mile of the epicenter. It is no fun, folks.

There is a lot of debate on whether it is related to fracking. I'm waiting to hear from the scientists. People are passionately debating whether they are caused by fracking or fault lines. I'm not sure I understand yet why it couldn't be both. Stay tuned. I can say though that I would be a lot happier if things were a bit more still.

Hugs!

4 comments:

FritoBandito said...

Yikes...those quakes must be unnerving!

I'm loving watching your Gwynnie Bee experience and might consider joining in the future. Do you ever buy or do you just truly rent and return and enjoy the variety? If you don't buy, do you re-rent pieces you enjoyed?

Vanessa said...

Can't wait to hear how yoga goes! Keep up the good work!

~Miss Lorie~ said...

I think you are so cute in that red sweater! Adorbs!

Rhonda said...

LOVE that sweater.

I'm too far away to feel the earthquakes (even though Dallas is much closer than my house)... definitely a blessing. I wouldn't know what the heck to do!