A. I set too specific and complex goals and I give up by February.
B. I'm too vague so I quit by February.
I have one goal for 2015. At the beginning of each month, I shall assess where I am and reset goals accordingly. This way, if I decide something isn't working out, I don't quit, I just make changes. Likewise, if I have gotten off track, I get back on track. The point being that I have 12 chances to focus on goals and figure out what I want to do.
- Weight - weight is always going to be a major focus for me. Hence the never ending quest. :-) I can afford to be aggressive in January since almost everyone is doing it, it makes it easier to be "good".
- Food - my goal is to eat paleo-centric, mostly fresh and focus on cooking healthy things and staying away from pre-packaged stuff. More green, less white. Limit sweets. Nothing too specific, just good eating in general.
- Fitness - since I'm starting yoga (did I mention I'm starting yoga? Debi and I are going together after work nearby. I get to see one of my closest friends, so I thought it would help me be accountable.) I want to make it a focus. For the next four weeks, yoga 3x or more per week with a minimum of 3 other workouts. So this week, I will yoga M, W, & Th. Additionally, I will work out at lunch on T, W, & Th.
- Home - Each of the next four weekends, I will pick one room in the apartment to purge and declutter. My goal for the year is to simplify. This weekend will start with taking down the Christmas decor (yes, it is still up but in all fairness I was out of town a lot and then had strep.) and going through all of my Christmas stuff, purging and simplifying.
- Hobbies - I started crocheting. My goal is to finish my scarf by the end of the month. That shouldn't be too hard. Also, I want to start reading more. My goal is to read at least one chapter each night before I go to bed to develop a habit. I want to read instead of playing dumb computer games. Except Trivia Crack, that one can stay, but I still have to read before I go to bed. It isn't that I don't want to...I just got out of the habit and have started turning the TV on instead. I want that to stop.
- Fashion - I want to continue my Gwynnie Bee experience and work at finding fun new outfit combinations. No matter my size, I feel great when I put together something fun and new. It just takes a few minutes each evening and can set the tone so well for the next day. Honestly, this one shouldn't be hard for me at all, but it doesn't mean that it isn't a goal.
- Spirit - Go to church every week and pray every day. I don't typically talk much about this part of my life and I won't here, but it puts me in a good place and so I want to make it a more mindful part of my day/week.
As I start 2015, it feels my heart with joy to know that I'm happy and peaceful. I have worked hard to become a person I like and to surround myself with positivity. Nothing is perfect, but I feel that my life is delightfully imperfect. I look forward to what new adventures this year will bring!