It’s Friday so that means it’s BYOC day – Bring Your Own Crazy….to five questions we all answer in an effort to get to know each other better and to give our blog brains a break! Copy and paste to your own blog and ENJOY!
1. How and why did you first start blogging? And how long have you been blogging?
When I first started researching Lap Band, I went to the Lap Band Talk website. I started a blog there and my biggest inspiration to continue blogging during that six months was Band Groupie. She went on to do her own blog on Blogger, but I was too intimidated to branch out like that. I remember reading everyone's blogs talking about going to the first BOOBs get together and I was jealous. :)
A year after my surgery, I decided that my blog had become very important to me so I ventured out to Blogger and set one up. Honestly, I really thought that only my mom would read it. :) Never did I imagine that I would have over 100 followers in less than 6 months. I can't believe anyone would want to read this...but then I remember how much I love reading everyone else's. Many of you out there I consider true friends and I ::heart:: you bunches!!
2. Tell me about your perfect mate – if you could invent him/her?
I have no idea. I THINK I would like a guy that could go to work in a professional environment and come home and get his hands dirty. I want someone that likes to get out and go, but also enjoys a nice quiet night at home every now and again. I want someone who likes to try new things and isn't stuck in a rut all the time. It would be super awesome if I found some who like going to the theater (almost) as much as going to sporting events, but think I have come to terms that won't happen. But maybe someone who would go to the theater (and enjoy it) every once in a while because he knows how much I love it.
I want someone that is kind but not clingy. Someone who is happy and looking for someone to enhance his life.
This all coming from a girl who has never really had a boyfriend, so there you go. Who knows.
3. Do you wear fake eyelashes? Do you want to? Do you use glue or self-stick ones? Do you like how they look?
I wore them once for a friend's wedding and I thought they looked cool. I wasn't able to put them on myself, my friend did it. But I think I could learn. I have decent lashes, so it isn't worth the hassle to me. But if they are done right, I think they look nice. Although, if they aren't done well, they can come off as drag queenesque.
4. Let’s say money was no object and neither was time off to recover – are you an advocate of plastic surgery after weight loss?
I don't know if I would say advocate, but I'm certainly not opposed to it. I think everyone has a different situation and they have to choose what is right for themselves. Right now, my plan is to wait a while and see what my body does. I don't have super big folds around my belly that would cause problems. I just have saggy skin everywhere that is cosmetically unappealing. If when all the dust settles, I want something done, then I will do it. I won't post it on my Facebook page or anything, but if asked, I'm sure I would tell.
5. Repeat question. Summarize your week in blog land and in real life.
• Blog life is good in that I feel I'm really getting to know quite a few people. My job and life have gotten in the way of reading regularly, but I try to keep up as much as possible. I'm sure people just love my 3 and 4 day old comments. :)
• Real life is AMAZING! We leave work this afternoon to go to the track for IndyCar qualifying. Tonight is the Truck race. Tomorrow I try CrossFit!! Then the IndyCar race is that night. Sunday morning I am a Eucharistic Minister at church (I should be wide awake for that!) then I'm cooking dinner for a couple of friends that are coming over to watch the Tony's (although some of it might be preempted for a little basketball game that is going on that night in Miami...) What a super fun weekend!! All part of my super duper birthday month extravaganza!!