Ladybug

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Dinner and the sun

Yesterday was just a joyful day.  I took my team out to lunch where we sat on the patio.  It was gorgeous and I enjoyed my Cobb salad and great company.  I really enjoy down time with my coworkers.

The afternoon was a little draggy, but I got some things done.  It is Spring Break around here so about half of the company is out.  Needless to say, it is quiet.  Although in the afternoon, BFF and I decided for sure to go to Chicago this summer and booked our plane tickets.  June and July are going to be crazy busy, but so much fun!!

Our monthly girls dinner was last night and we went to Cafe Istanbul for some Turkish food.  We had a hummus appetizer with lavash (a bread that was a cross between tortillas and pita) and cucumbers (for BFF who is gluten free.)  The hummus was seriously so good and the lavash was perfect. 

ShareBear, me, BFF selfie
The food is very similar to Greek cuisine.  Lots of lamb, olives and hummus.  ShareBear had the chicken with hummus which I tasted and it was fantastic.  BFF had lamb with the spiciest...I'm not sure what you call it because it wasn't sauce or gravy, but more of a salsa type consistency...stuff and she loved it.  She likes the spicy!  I had the Bursa Iskender which was a ground beef and lamb combination that was slow roasted.  It came over bread (it said pita bread, but it looked like cubed hamburger buns to me...no matter, it tasted good) and with a side of yogurt.  I really liked mixing the yogurt with BFF's spicy stuff and eating with the meat.  I'm not sure if I would get that dish again, but it was good and I would go back to the restaurant for the hummus alone.

You can see my sunburn starting to come out.
I ate about 1/2 of the lavash, 1/3 of the hummus, & 1/3 of my meal.  I ended up having some ice cream when I got home.  I ended the day about 220 calories over my target (but still over 500 calorie deficit) which is good for a two meal out day, I think. 

When I got home, my sunburn had fully developed.  I'm so white.  Lovely lines, eh?



Request:  if anyone has any suggestions for activities or restaurants in New Orleans, Chicago, DC or NYC, please let me know.  I'm starting to make all the summer plans and I love it when we can work in good recommendations from people.

Today's food plan:
Breakfast:  coffee with cream.  Pico & feta fritatta.  Babybel.
Lunch - crock pot pork chops with potatoes
Snack - roast beef with Laughing Cow
Dinner - leftover turkish food and some sauteed veggies

Today's fitness plan:
Lunch workout.  I'm not sure what yet though.  I think I will do 5 sets of 3:00 on and 1:00 off. Last time I did 3 dumbbell snatches on each side, 6 squat jumps, & 9 push ups (as many rounds as possible), but I might change it up a bit.

After being so energetic yesterday, I sure am dragging today.  Hopefully the lunch workout will help. 

Hugs!

7 comments:

Sarah said...

That meal sounds AMAZING! I'm totally jealous! EAT ALL THE HUMMUS! My favorite things are hummus and avocado. Period.

Holy suntan lines! What?! There's sun!? Where?!

Sarah
www.thinfluenced.com

Mel said...

I WISH the sun was shining here in New England! I was thrilled with the temps hitting the low 50's!
Hummus is also one of my absolute favorites and it is my go to meal at the Greek restaurant hubby & I love.

♥ Drazil ♥ said...

Owwwwieee! That looks like it hurts. Also looks like my butt after I laid in my bed too long. LOL

Kathy said...

Oh my gosh, your burn looks like it hurts sooo bad. The sun is definitely something that most people are finding a lot of gratitude in right now. Sounds like a yummy time out with good friends.

Vanessa said...

Food sounds like it was yummy! Love that necklace - sorry about the sunburn - call it fashion forward and rock it. Wish we had some sun here...boo! I'll pull together some fun stuff for NYC - I live a few hours away and go there from time to time - there are a lot of fun restaurants that are hidden there.

Unknown said...

I can only recommend one place in DC and that is Burger Tap Shake in Foggy Bottom. Have fun on your travels!

Unknown said...

The ELB sathat J.Clyde's is recommendable also.