Ladybug

Monday, March 17, 2014

Yes!!

Finally!  I haven't had a "real" weightloss on a Monday morning weigh in since January.  Today's weigh-in put me down 2 pounds.  I know I have been losing inches but I'm not going to lie, it was nice to see something reflected on the scale.

Why did I lose weight THIS week?  Probably because I had about 2000 less calories this weekend.  Logging my food forced me to see what I'm eating and accept it.  I didn't eat any (or much) less this weekend.  I just made better choices.

Friday, BFF & I went out to dinner and we couldn't eat meat so we went for cheese pizza.  The best choice?  No, but it was delicious and we shared a salad and I had 1/2 the personal pizza.  Instead of having ice cream after dinner, I had an individually packaged chocolate.  So, I had a treat without going off the rails.

Saturday, I even had a doughnut for breakfast with my coffee...but I limited myself and logged it.  For lunch, I had Chipotle and I limited myself on this as well.  I ate chips, but I got a small portion and didn't even eat all of it.  For dinner, I had the leftover pizza and another of the chocolates.

Sunday, I had a cheese omelet with potatoes for breakfast.  The key was to avoid the carbs.  I love me some french toast or biscuits.  BFF & I had a show to attend, so I was able to keep from snacking all day.  I did have some potato chips when I got home from the show, but again, I limited & logged them.  For dinner, I made a steak and sweet potato.  Delicious!  I finished off the day with the last of the chocolates.

Obviously, I didn't starve myself, with the way I work out, I don't have to.  BUT, I did keep things under control.  Now let's see if I can string a couple of weeks together!!

I was supposed to meet Debi for a walk on Saturday, but the forecast was solid rain all day.  So we had decided to meet at a mall.  Friday I was not feeling well, so I begged off and we rescheduled for next weekend.  I was worried that I would use it as an excuse for bad behavior, but as seen above, I didn't.  YAY me!  And I'm glad to say that I'm feeling much better today!

I mentioned that BFF & I went to a show.  It was the world premiere of Fortress of Solitude which will move Off-Broadway later this year.  We got the tickets as part of a sampler series, and I'm so glad we did.  It was fantastic!  The music was great, the story was nice and I was thoroughly entertained.  I hope it finds success in NYC so I can say I saw it when... 

Today's fitness plan:  CrossFit (check!)
  • 3 sets of 10 reps - Back Squat.  No matter how much I work out on my own, there is no substitute for heavy lifting.  I should have been able to squat 130# at least, and I was struggling a bit with 115#. 
  • 5 sets of 5 reps - Romanian Deadlifts - Should have been able to do at least 120# and I was at 105#.  Got to build back the strength!
  • Every :30 do one 25m shuttle run (total 50m) for 5:00.  So a total of 10 sprints.  Bleh, but I did it.
Today's food plan:
Breakfast - coffee with cream.  Cheese & veggie fritatta.  I actually put two big scoops of veggies in the food processor and then mixed them with the eggs.  We will see how it turns out!
Lunch - meatloaf (courtesy of BFF) and sweet potato
Snack - roast beef and laughing cow
Dinner - Steak & veggie stir fry

Hugs!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Great job girl! So proud of you!

Sarah
www.thinfluenced.com

Cheri said...

Congratulations on the two pounds down (and on the size 12 pants!) Progress feels great!

♥ Drazil ♥ said...

YAY - congrats.