Ladybug

Monday, March 24, 2014

Face the Consequences and Reset

Good Monday morning to you!  Last week sucked.  That's all there is to it.  Late last week, I would have been perfectly fine not counting another calorie in my lifetime, getting fat and surrounding myself with cats.  The thing is...deep down, even then, I knew that isn't true.  So, today I face the consequences and I get back on that horse/wagon/etc.

You know that old story about a fat person walking into the gym?  They see all the in-shape people working out and say, "What are you doing here?  You're done!"  That always makes me laugh.  It's funny because it is true.  Not that in-shape people are done, but that fat (minded) people think there is an end.  Don't we?  I constantly say that this is a life long struggle, but I think I still think somewhere deep down, I feel like at some point it will get easy.  That someday, "when I'm done", I won't have to work SO hard to just maintain and be healthy.  But there truly is no end.  Last week, that just got to be too much to handle.  Today, I'm rejuvenated and ready to fight on.

The damage was worse that I would have liked it to be.  But, damn it, I wrote everything down.  So, there is no hiding from it.  I have no new magic plan, I'm just getting back to it.

Today's Nutrition Plan:
Breakfast:  coffee with cream (x1.5), boiled egg  (usually I would have more, but I had a meeting)
Lunch:  I made an enchilada casserole yesterday for my lunches this week.  I layered enchilada sauce, corn tortillas, taco chicken (crock pot chicken thighs with rotel & black beans), and shredded cheese.  I top it with a bit of sour cream.  It is really good!
Snack:  greek yogurt
Dinner:  hamburger patty with stir fried mushrooms and asparagus.

Today's Fitness Plan:
CrossFit:  Check!  Back Squats, Romanian Deadlifts, with a side of push ups and Russian twists. 
Lunch:  Check!  Nothing too strenuous, but walked on the treadmill various speeds from 3.2-3.8 mph and at an incline between 5-15 while I read my book.  I like this reading/light second workout combo I have going on.   

I'm picking BFF up at the airport tonight.  She has been home visiting her family.  I spent the weekend watching basketball.  Although I did take time outs for lash maintenance and to see Divergent with Debi.  FYI...as a person that did not read the book, I thought the movie was very good.

I'm looking forward to a normal week.  Hopefully I can lose my shame bloat.  HA!

Hugs! 

7 comments:

~Miss Lorie~ said...

I get overwhelmed regularly when I think about always fighting this battle. There truly is no end. Good work posting about it and getting back at it!

SuperMegaAnna said...

I think I "got back on the horse" yesterday after nearly 5 months of maintaining. I say think because they horse is mighty easy to fall off of. I am on day two of smart eating and physical activity. I spend more time in my life starting over. However, starting over repeatedly is better than nothing! Great job!!

Laura Belle said...

You know, I catch myself all the time thinking, 'OK, once I hit my goal, I can eat that *enter crap food here*.' Or, 'Ok, As soon as I get to 145 I can stop exercising so hard.'

Like, why do we do that?! I really truly don't want to 'stop' exercising and eating right. I know I HAVE and SHOULD do it 'right' for the rest of my life, but for some reason I see the 'end' too.

But I've starting correcting myself. Even in mid-thought. Saying, 'OK, when I reach my goal weight I can......buy that new swimsuit. Or shoes. Or whatever.' But I don't think about food or exercise when I think about goals.

KajunDee said...

We all dream of "getting done". It's illusion, we will ALWAYS have to walk the walk ;)

Vanessa said...

There is no done...and the skinny/fit people at the gym are skinny/fit because they are at the gym and being healthy is a priority for them. I try to be like them but the reality is I am an addict and its always a struggle and will always be an issue - food that is....

Connie O said...

Hooray for getting back on plan with exercise and nutrition. You've got this. The shame bloat will be gone in no time.

Kathy said...

I think it's great you've gotten back on the horse so quickly. I, too, get in those spaces where I don't want to track any more or weigh any more, until I realize how much it actually helps me. Grrr ;-) I suppose it just reminds me that there is no finish line, just a new day.