Ladybug

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

It is Mardi Gras...let the good times roll!

The decision has been made.  For Lent I will be giving up Facebook and logging my food on My Fitness Pal daily.  It's funny because as I have been contemplating these things, I was scared.  I was worried that I would not be strong enough to follow through.  Today, I have no fear.  It is decided and it is what I WILL do.

I will miss keeping up with all of you over the next 6 weeks!  Please email, text or call me if you think about it.  (Is that cheating?  I don't know, do it anyway!  :-) )  

I'm finally replacing my dead Fitbit.  I'm trying to decide between the Flex and the One.  I will order it by the end of the day.  It would be nice if I could get it by Monday.  Although I could just drive to Best Buy and get one, but I probably won't.

Today's fitness plan:  10:00 on the treadmill/elliptical and include 4:00 of sprints, then 15:00 AMRAP: 7 push presses, 9 sit ups, 11 push ups.  Those push ups are going to be killer.  The CrossFit workout actually called for Toes to Bar not sit ups.  So if there is enough room, I might lay on my back and touch my feet to the wall.  If it is crowded, I will do the sit ups.

Today's food plan:
Breakfast: Coffee with cream.  Asparagus & Mushroom fritatta (1/2 serving) & breakfast sausage (extra)
Lunch:  Roasted root vegetables and pollo asada
Snack:  Apple with nut butter
Dinner:  BFF's chicken spaghetti

I'm so glad I didn't put meat in my fritatta this week.  I forgot that I can't have meat on Wednesday or Friday.  So, today and Thursday, I'm halving my egg serving and doubling my sausage so on the other two days I can drop the sausage and have extra egg.  In the end, it is the same.

I was so proud of myself because a coworker brought in King cake this morning and I passed.  I don't really LOVE it, so it would be silly to waste calories.  I need to save them for things that I really want and enjoy!

I'm fired up!  I just hope it lasts past Friday lunch.  :-) 

Hugs!

3 comments:

Jen said...

I have the FLEX and I love it. I had the One and I liked it too but the flex is so easy and you never have to worry about losing it b/c it's around your wrist. I lost my One a million times!

Happy Fat Tuesday!

Sarah said...

You are so brave! You can do this!
Sarah
www.thinfluenced.com

Kathy said...

That is a great goal for Lent. I don't know that I could do it!